Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

Should be receiving a family owned, 1 owner 03 with about 90k miles on it. Planning on living vanlife for a bit. Has anyone lived vanlife in an Odyssey?

As for history,, I recall the cylinders having to have been replaced a few years ago, and there was an issue of the key not fitting in the ignition appropriately about a year ago, which has been resolved.

Aside from the above and some exterior wear and tear, I'm unaware of any other issues with the vehicle. Is there anything I should look out for before embarking on a minimum month journey with the old lad?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Doing regular drain and fill of the transmission fluid is recommended for this generation Ody.
Has the timing belt been replace? It's approaching the recommended mileage for service, but has long passed the recommended time interval for service!
Knowing the service history certainly helps!
As for living the van life, several folks have posted camper mods in other sections. Search and ye shall find!

Reactions: Eyg31

·
Registered
964 Posts
As for history,, I recall the cylinders having to have been replaced a few years ago,
Engine cylinders? Lock cylinders? Some other cylinders?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Howdy,

Should be receiving a family owned, 1 owner 03 with about 90k miles on it. Planning on living vanlife for a bit. Has anyone lived vanlife in an Odyssey?
Had a recent discussion on Covid ODY travels in this thread

That OdyClub thread has an embedded youtube video, which I watched, and after that another great video on customized travel minivans came on. Definitely some creative ideas out there for you! I recommend watching these youtubes.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Was engine cylinders
Don't even know what that means, as I don't believe the engine has cylinder liners, let alone replaceable ones.. Which is the only thing I can translate the phrase to mean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts