Honda Odyssey Forum banner

03 Honda Odyssey

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  0dyfamily 
#1 ·
I have a Honda Odyssey 2003, I got it pre-owned and it has a cracked mirror, now I don't want the standered ones, they are too small for me with a massive blind spot. I want something more like trucks have with the small one under and a bigger main one, I haven't been able to find one that says it will work with my van on ""universal"" fit

#4 ·
There isn't a specific bolt pattern. The '99-04 mirrors mount to the front corner of the door. Maybe remove the mirror and bolt onto the door something bigger like on a pickup truck?
Automotive lighting Drinkware Chair Rectangle Automotive design

#6 ·
No, you'll probably have to make more holes.

#9 ·
Those manual towing mirrors probably come in custom options for specific vehicles. I have never seen them for any Odyssey, and I've looked ... I used to tow a boat for many years, among other things, and always wished for better towing mirrors.

I've already looked for "slip on" mirrors, but never found any.

You'll probably have to drill some holes and push in plastic thread inserts for the screws for those big rig mirrors.

OF

#11 ·
massive blind spot
Are they adjusted correctly?

The inner edge of the image should show just a sliver of the car's body, leaving most of the image to cover other cars in the adjacent lane.

Reactions: 0dyfamily
#14 ·
I even take this a couple steps further. I think I actually got this from a video on YouTube posted by a Canadian driving school.

Before starting up, and seated in the driver's seat, I lean left until my head is lightly touching the glass and adjust the left mirror outboard until I can just see a sliver of the car's body.

Next, I lean right ... way right ... until I'm looking down the center of the hood. Occasionally glancing right (so I can maintain this weird bodily orientation), I adjust the right mirror outboard until I can just see a sliver of the car's body.

This turns the left mirror--center rear view mirror--right mirror into one big panorama. Vehicles passing you from behind, on the left or right, will appear in your outboard mirrors just as they are leaving the visual field of the center mirror. You still have to clear left or right by moving your head before laterally moving over to a new lane, but the amount you have to swivel your head is reduced considerably.

OF

Reactions: kernel
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.