Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pass side power door on our ex would not shut last winter leaving my wife with open door 2 kids and 20 degrees. the cable came off track and in my haste to fix it i cut the cable just so the door would close. now it is summer, wife wants power door back, has anyone replaced that cable? and if i am in there, what else do i replace? i have seen the posts and plan on doing closing motors and any bushings that need but anything else?
this is my first post, i apologise if i didn't follow a protocol, not good at this and i type this feeding a baby(have a 2 and 4 yr old ready for bed as well) thanks for any help, look forward to being a contributing member, bob

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I can't believe nobody has been this frustrated at the power door and did the same,.. nobody? well, anyone else ever replace a cable? I might just cut the other cable and tell the wife we actually bought an LX not an EX, the last few years of power doors was all a dream! LOL:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
The cable on my passenger door broke a few months back. You can not buy just the cable, you have to buy the whole motor unit. Honda wants $770 for the part, you can find it on E-Bay for $150-$200. If you are half way savy mechanically you can do it yourself in about an hour and a half. The closer motors are located just in front of the rear speakers(kind of behind the sheet metal). You have to remove the plastic pannel, the speaker/speaker mount and some air ducting crap to get to it. A chiltons manual is helpful for removing the panels and stuff but does not tell you how to replace the motor... recommends honda does it $$$. It isn't that hard to do yourself though.
If you buy the power door motor on E-bay, make sure you get the sliding door motor and not the closing motor located inside the door that pulls the door closed after it slides.

99-01 HONDA ODYSSEY RH SLIDING DOOR MOTOR W/ COMPUTER | eBay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts