Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 04 Honda Odyssey I noticed during driving the D light got bright then dim. The car is due to be serviced this week for trans drain/fill,
spark plugs, water pump and belts. Should the D light be from the drive belts being old. Mileage is 108,000.
v/r
Edwin Vargas

·
Registered
447 Posts
I would have the mechanic determine if the transmission is causing the blinking "D"
before spending big money on timing belt,w-pump and plugs. A bad tranny often influences a decision on weather to keep the van or not and having to do another $1200 or so for t-belt and plugs just puts more icing on the cake.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
If it is just dimming and getting bright it is not the transmission. It is the voltage fluctuating. Do a search as this was discussed a lot in the early days of the gen 2.

·
Registered
447 Posts
If it is just dimming and getting bright it is not the transmission. It is the voltage fluctuating. Do a search as this was discussed a lot in the early days of the gen 2.
If it was voltage fluctuating, all the running lights including the headlights
would all fluctuate at the same time. If they are, then check both alternater/battery.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is exactly what happen to mine right before my battery fail. Test your battery mine only show 11.5 volt. After the battery is replace my D light stop going dim and bright. I notice it more when driving slow.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
If it was voltage fluctuating, all the running lights including the headlights
would all fluctuate at the same time. If they are, then check both alternater/battery.
Yes they will all fluctuate but thr D light is far mor visable because you are looking directly at the light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts