Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver side sliding door will not completely pop open and will beep an error. If you manually pull the door out (with force), it will then slide open normally. It has no problems sliding or closing. Which part is responsible for pushing the door out? Is it the closer motor? 72650-S0X-A53

Thank you!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Try resetting the door first

1)Fully open the sliding door manually or electrically.

2)Removed the #13 fuse (clock) for at least 60 seconds,located under the dash on the right side near the door hinge.

3)Reinstall the fuse.

4)Close the sliding door by holding the sliding door command button to the close position and HOLD it until the complet door closing sequence is completed and the door is lock in place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The mechanism that pops the door when it attempts to open used to work occasionally. Now it requires a tug all the time now. How exactly does resetting the fuse (which I've done by the way) work to fix this problem? I'm apprehensive about attempting a reset because the doors are in sync and do NOT want to get the sequence all jacked up.

Does anyone know the part number that causes the door to pop out prior to sliding open?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having the same issue. Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, how did resolve the issue? I have tried pulling fuse 13 and it does not work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I figured out why the sliding door was not opening. I took off the body panel that covers the track the sliding runs on. I did to both sides. The left side slides open with no problem. It was my right side that would not work. When compared the two sides, the right side had a cable that was snapped. I had to install a new motor to operator the door. What a hassle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for "reset" procedure hexabob!!!

After a snow/ice storm someone tried opening the pass. side power slider on our 2000 Ody (177k miles, no major power door issues, knock on wood...). The door was frozen shut and the electrical aspects on this door went absolutely dead. Cable was intact and door opened/closed fine manually.

After the great thaw I started the troubleshooting by checking all fuses... all were fine and the driver's side slider worked fine. I figured the pass. side closer motor must have burned out despite fuses and was preparing myself for great expenditure of time/$ to replace it. Tried the reset procedure outlined by hexabob below and to my great surprise, the door came back to life and works normally.

Thanks hexabob, and others who have shared their knowledge re. the power sliders!!! If your door is doornail-dead try the reset procedure!

Jim

·
Registered
25 Posts
Zilla said:
This did not work for me. Bummer.
So if the fuses are good and resetting procedure doesn't work then you should check the cable mechanism. If the cable snapped then can I just replace the cable or the whole motor sensor and cable need to be replaced?

Anyone done this whole replacement?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts