Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 04 Ody is 134k now, I got it at 124k as my family van and back up car. Check the recall, the tranny complied when I don't know. Could check with dealer.

While driving the D drive flashing, TCS light and Engine light On and I pull over and restart it. I ran very slow and disengage when over 2k rpm and I found the ATF was very low with dark color and smell so I top-up. 1st I though it fixed, took to highway and speed up to 70mph at below 3k rpm fine. But accelerate over 3k rpm then gear disengage, needs restart again and later it not move more than 5 feet because engine warmed up. I let it seated for few hours on street and come back and drive home, it can drive 1/2 mile then act up again.

So I had my co-worker scan it advance reader, and found p0730D and p0780 which same as Auto Zone found then he clear the error code. Now the Engine light Off but it could go back. I had read other thread and some replace 6 shift solenoid valves A,B, and C. Plus cleaning the filter and change ATF fluid. Is it right and do you think this will works? Also, do you think the shift cable got stress?

Any comment from you will be great help for me. I appreciate that.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would have the solenoids checked as well as screens, I would not replace them unless they are Bad check them as described in the thread. It is a well known fact that the pressure switches go bad. They need replacing. It made a huge difference for me, and I thought I was going to pay 3500 for a rebuild before repairing it, I had little hope.
1. I would flush the trans with at least 9 qts, drive between changes
2. Replace the inline ATF Filter, it is a must.
3. Replace the pressure switches
If you must use Z1 Honda fluid go ahead, I used Vavoline Import Synthetic atf and it shifts like never before, responsive and fast firm shifts.
Study your magnet and the fluid after the first change. It tells you how bad things are inside. Use 3 qts every drain and fill. I did 12 Quarts and it is clean as new

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kap,

I know I already complied with the recall. Do you think the Tranny recalled still bring the problem back? And I think Z1 fluid is no-longer in the market and Honda has replaced with new one. And how many pressure switches I need to replace? So I can order. And also where I can get OEM part for good price?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kap,

Do you mean the pressure switch is a Shift Solenoid Valve A,B? If so, I found it on bernardi honda:
28400-P6H-013 Solenoid Assy A
28500-P6H-013 Solenoid Assy B

And I still looking filter part number.

·
Registered
83 Posts
There are only 2 pressure switches on the trans, I dont have the part # but it ran about 100 for both.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kap, do you have the picture location of those 2 sensors and tranny oil filter? I tried find them according to the tranny diagram and I could not locate it. FYI, today I flush the tranny with 7 quarts. I did brake a return hose from radiator and fluid came out dark color and very slow. I'm wonder if it clogged somewhere. Then later, I drained fluid from the oil pan.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kap,
I replace all 4 pressure switches. The light was out when I reconnect the battery and run 1/4 mile after engine temp. reached idle. I had noticed when I drove to parking lot and reverse it does not move or drove forward does not move at all. After shutdown and start up then it moved again but engine light does not goes ON. Is it something else I must look or needs replace something?

Please advise.

Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
I tried and it died

I ended up getting a Jasper trans with the 3 year warranty. I PM ed you thang25, I so far have 600 quiet miles out of the Van and I know the car was given personal attention all of its life. I decided 3000 dollars would have got my family a mechanical nightmare, I just did the timing belt and the tires. All bearings and water pump as well as belts. I could not desert it, it ran like a top.
I laugh at the folks adding HP to the engine? It has a weak trans that Will Die? 100K is the lucky club here. Heat kills these transmissions.
So does giving away you MC for you wifes Car and she says, well, it is the family car, not my car. I was not given a simple thank you. 22 years of being wed gets old, will she sell her rings to fix my Family Truck transmission? Not. I have broke the odds this May anyway.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
So does giving away you MC for you wifes Car and she says, well, it is the family car, not my car. I was not given a simple thank you. 22 years of being wed gets old, will she sell her rings to fix my Family Truck transmission? Not. I have broke the odds this May anyway.
You do what ya gotta do. I'm also on 22 years last month. The grass isn't usually greener with someone else. Start saving for another bike or buy a beater cheap. I have 3 in my basement. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts