Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does replacing all of the motor mounts on the '08 Odyssey compare to the '04? Base model of each. I did the ones on my '04 several years ago. If I recall, the side was fairly easy (and I've already removed the one on my '08 to replace the timing belt/water pump). The front took a while, and was annoying but doable. The rear was absolutely awful to get out, and to get the new one back in, kind of like those metal puzzles where you have to orient the pieces exactly right to be able to take apart. I can't remember how much extra stuff I had to unblot to move out of the ay.

Will it be easier on the '08, or should I just have a shop do it? I'm in New England, so if I do it it'll be later in the Spring once it warms up.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
4,908 Posts
Trim level will matter here since EX-L and Touring will have the active mounts.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
non-vcm 3rd gen:
Wow, I hope it's as easy as he made it look! My '04 took me a whole day (*don't remember precisely, but way longer than expected) with trying to get the old one to come out (square peg, round hole) and get the new one to go in, and even then, the old one was in great shape so it mostly just wasted my time. :p The front didn't go much better, though it was easier to get to-ish, and was worse for the wear, so at least replacing that one helped.

Trim level will matter here since EX-L and Touring will have the active mounts.
Base model on each. So.... errr... LX? I never remember if LX or EX is base, as they both sound like they should be more fancy.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
4,908 Posts
Base model on each. So.... errr... LX? I never remember if LX or EX is base, as they both sound like they should be more fancy.
Yeah, LX should be fairly similar then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts