Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow odyssey owners! I'm new to the forum.

I need some help. I have a weird ac problem. My ac temp fluctuates from hold to cold at every fan level set at 60-70. Does anyone have a clue what the problem could be? :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I just took it out again for a test run before i answered. This time the temperature didn't fluctuate. This compressor did not engage at all. The only time i get COLD air is at the absolute lowest setting. Any adjustment to temp up even at 58 i get warm/hot air. Hope this helps.

Also another question I want to ask. Does anyone ever get that constant whistling sound comming from somewhere up front inside the interior? It drives me insane! Can not figure out where its coming from!

·
Registered
16 Posts
there is a TSB for a windsheild whistle, i actually did it, basically replaced the molding after a rock cracked the windshiled.

have you tried adjusting/lowering the rear
cabin tempature with the front on say 70 to see if the compressor engauges or reacts simular to how it does on the front. also what is your outside tempature?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Temp outside right now is 40 degrees. I will have to give the rear a try like you said tommorow. I rarely have the rear on if that helps any.

How do you go about repairing the tsb? Would you just print it off the website and bring it to the dealer? Is there a deadline on them?

·
Registered
16 Posts
the tsb is just a dealer fyi. you can search for windshield whistle and then print it and take it to the dealer, but it will most likley cost you, it's not a reacall or anything. the molding was pretty easy to replace.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts