Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning opening the doors of my 05 EX-L, I noticed all the interior lights were sort of flickering -- getting dim and then bright again.

The engine was off. I had just opened one of the sliding doors, which activates the interior lights. I did not notice any flickering from the speedometer/gauge lighting.

I have the original battery and I was getting the feeling it may be time for a new one soon. My first thought with the flickering was perhaps this was an indicator of an old battery. I did some searches in this forum and saw some threads along these lines, but those also talked about flickering headlights.

Should I be thinking battery?

·
Registered
20 Posts
This morning opening the doors of my 05 EX-L, I noticed all the interior lights were sort of flickering -- getting dim and then bright again.

The engine was off. I had just opened one of the sliding doors, which activates the interior lights. I did not notice any flickering from the speedometer/gauge lighting.

I have the original battery and I was getting the feeling it may be time for a new one soon. My first thought with the flickering was perhaps this was an indicator of an old battery. I did some searches in this forum and saw some threads along these lines, but those also talked about flickering headlights.

Should I be thinking battery?
At 6 yrs old, your battery may be close to going out. However, if only the interior lights are flickering and not the headlights, then I would tend to think switch contacts or fuse. Bad connections there would give you the flickering effect. Can you find the fuse for the interior lights, pull, clean and reinsert?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At 6 yrs old, your battery may be close to going out. However, if only the interior lights are flickering and not the headlights, then I would tend to think switch contacts or fuse. Bad connections there would give you the flickering effect. Can you find the fuse for the interior lights, pull, clean and reinsert?
Thanks for that idea! I will try and report back.

did you just replaced your interior lights with led bulb?
No, the interior lights/bulbs are the originals. I have never touched them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Following up on my original post...

I never saw the overhead interior lights flickering again, but at my service stop today I did have the battery inspected and it did need replacement. So perhaps that may have been the cause.

I did not investigate the fuses.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
The plunger type door switches sometimes become faulty and cause the flickering cabin lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts