Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sliding door light has illuminated 3 times this week and now my ac compressor is not engaging. After resetting the doors by pulling fuse 12 I have tried the power doors with success BUT it seems like the passenger side has a noticable delay opening after I pull the handle. Is there any sort of adjustment available or is it the micro switch or solenoid not engaging ?
For the ac I checked the fuse and swapped the relay but no luck. Is there anything else easily checked or is my next step check the refrigerant pressure ? I do have a set of mangold gauges so it won't be a big deal. Just a bit frustrated having two things pop up at the same time after dealing with other nagging things on two other cars this week.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I used my gauges this morning and have zero pressure and after looking around like okay like a big leak at the upper hose connection at the condenser. Must have a bad o ring and would like confirmation for last number. I show 80871-sn7-003 but also saw a posting for 80872-sn7-003. Looks to be two different sizes. Can someone confirm the first part number(5/8") is the correct o ring for the upper hose in the condenser .

I will pick up a vacuum pump and confirm vacuum before charging this weekend.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
You may also need to add the proper amount of compressor oil. I'm not an expert on this, so emphasis on the word "may". Also, as you may know, the proper refrigerant charge is based on mass, not pressure.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I saw the sticker with 24.1-28 oz for refrigerant. I charged this once about 2 years ago when I bought it replacing the condenser.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vacuum and charge with 24 oz after o ring replacement. Took apart the sliding door and lubricated the latch assembly BUT I did have one more "slide door" light on the dash. One thing I did notice is when I engage the door handle the motor has a slight delay before engaging. I took a look at the two microswitch s near the handle and they seem to open/close correctly. Does this indicate a failing actuator motor ?

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
553 Posts
Are you able to record how the door is behaving? It might make it a bit easier to understand what's going on.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My next step is to read the body code when it triggers the light by using the foil method in the test jumper near the relays.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Slide door light again and the code is b2088 followed by 34. Does anyone know if all the power door microswitches are the same on a 05-10 ? Looks like there are two in the front mechanism that works with the door handle that I might try to harvest at a junk yard, it'll be easier than pulling the rear assembly. Anyone have a link to a microswitch that can be sourced to replace the old one ?

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
553 Posts
Slide door light again and the code is b2088 followed by 34. Does anyone know if all the power door microswitches are the same on a 05-10 ? Looks like there are two in the front mechanism that works with the door handle that I might try to harvest at a junk yard, it'll be easier than pulling the rear assembly. Anyone have a link to a microswitch that can be sourced to replace the old one ?
The b2088 code is for a switch in the rear latch assembly, the base position switch if I remember correctly, so trying to fix any other switch probably won't help you.

This video shows how to fix the switch in question, it's even on the same side door as yours:

You can actually find a replacement switch that will fit right in on digikey:

Reactions: robertwards

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts