Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live 15 miles from H&R's office in Bellingham WA. If there was enough interest, I'm sure we could be very persuasive. I could go as far as removing my springs for measurement purposes. anyone else interested ?

I will print this page to show H&R

·
Registered
14 Posts
Certainly I would be interested - count me IN !!!

My understanding is that there are lowering kits availble for the pre 2005 models - Eibach & HR..etc.

Hopefully there will be lowering offerings for the 2005/6 soon!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Why would anyone want to lower a mini van???

I understand that lowered/slammed looks very nice. However, you lose total ride comfort. I understand lowering a sports car but a mini van...unless you are using the ody just for show.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
rj05 said:
Why would anyone want to lower a mini van???

I understand that lowered/slammed looks very nice. However, you lose total ride comfort. I understand lowering a sports car but a mini van...unless you are using the ody just for show.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Mine is ,and so are quite a few other 2nd gen old timers here. It's not slammed. H&R drop is at the most only 1.5 on mine.
Why did I do it ? For better handling with almost the same ride as stock !! We've done a 10+ hour trip with a full oad (7 people) and didn't bottom out ONCE. Heck I don't even have aftermarket wheels on my LX so scratch out the "for show". Function, pure function at the top of my list. Looks comes second.
To each his own, to each his own. :rolleyes:

NOW, BACK TO THE GROUP BUY SUBJECT PLEASE

·
Registered
14 Posts
understand lowering a sports car but a mini van...unless you are using the ody just for show
I bought my wife a 2006 Touring and have quite impressed however I'd like to improve it's handling characteristics without sacraficing comfort. H&R are high quality kits that when combined with a more optimal alignment will allow your vehicle to handle better hence being safer.

Typically North American vehicles are higher compared to same model offerings elsewhere in the world due to meeting a bumper height requiements.

Are you implying ROW (rest of world) vehicles are lowered for asthetics? If anything - they were engineered to work at the lowered height - rasied as a comprimise for NA standards and in the process affecting the handling of these vehicles in small way.

Properly engineered coils with an alignment is a tangeble improvement in handling and safety.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More on H&R Springs 05

I was in touch with H&R today aaannd, all the information they can release right now is Yes they are in R&D for the 05 but are not able give a release date. I mentioned the are several people who like some and I would return soon. I'll e- when I know more!!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
H&R merly middleman

Jason @ H&R said that they didn't expect shipment to the U.S. until around Xmas. What I want to know is who's making them?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
your better off getting bigger swaybars if your after better (less) lean angles.

after having 2 lowered cars, no more........to rough. IMO

·
Registered
298 Posts
To lower a vehicle properly, you need to change the struts/shocks. The lower springs will be stiffer and the struts/shocks need to be able to control the rebound of the stiffer springs.

·
Registered
49 Posts
im in...
pair it with koni adjustables.. solid thicker sways and im good to go..

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
seen some H&R;s on ebay for '05-06 models

·
Registered
197 Posts
VFR pilot said:
seen some H&R;s on ebay for '05-06 models

link me.

·
Registered