Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howcome it's easy to fine the AUX (for MP3 players) input for some of the Ody models below and after the '05 Ody model but for '05 model itself, there seems to be none. Please help! If there is no AUX input, what is the easiest way to add one?

·
Super Moderator
13,838 Posts
Welcome to the Odyclub. I moved your thread to the dedicated audio/video forum. Please post in correct forums in the future to prevent thread locks.

Unless you have a 2005 with a RES (Rear Entertainment System), you do NOT have an AUX Input jack. If you have RES, the AUX input jack is in the 3rd row.

·
Registered
513 Posts
As noted, they became standard on EX+ in 2008. Our 2007 EX-L did not have one, but I installed an iSimple adaptor that adds an iPod interface and an AUX interface.

I bought the iSimple because it was the cheapest I could find and had the extra AUX input.

It took about 1.5 hours to install, including the 1 hour spent trying to find a bolt I had dropped... :-/ You can search for people's experiences with other brands of adaptors (USASPEC, Blitz).

Nicolas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Hey guys, thanks for the info! I do not have RES so i guess i am going to have to install the iSimple as well. Do you know a site where it teaches how to install iSimple?

Appreciate all the help!!! :D

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for the info! I do not have RES so i guess i am going to have to install the iSimple as well. Do you know a site where it teaches how to install iSimple?
Yes, Odyclub. :) ;) :D

Do a search on "ipod interface install", there are many threads. :)

BTW, Best Buy sells it but they include the install, which pushes the price up a lot. I bought it on Amazon.

Good luck.

Nicolas

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the Odyclub. I moved your thread to the dedicated audio/video forum. Please post in correct forums in the future to prevent thread locks.

Unless you have a 2005 with a RES (Rear Entertainment System), you do NOT have an AUX Input jack. If you have RES, the AUX input jack is in the 3rd row.
I have a 06. And res. And my radio has a aux button. But I can not find a aux plug in anywhere...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts