Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 05 ody exl with res. I just bought this car a month ago The DVD is ejecting and accepting CDs and DVDs okay but when I put the DVD in the green light lit up but it stuck on loading ..... when I put CD it run fine but no sound out put just static coming from the rear speakers...........
I reset the system by taking battery cables out for over night , did both battery cable stuck together for 15 min, did take the radio fuse out for 3 hrs but nothing change same issue come up after it?

Any suggestion or help will be appreciated .....
I do not want to pay $$$ for replacement, any alternative.....

·
Registered
193 Posts
I bet something is jammed up inside. Remove and inspect.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think if its jammed then it should not read CD but it reads CDs and just no sound from speakers just winning static ......................

·
Super Moderator
13,843 Posts
I am afraid that you won't like the answer but I think your DVD unit is toast and that you need a new one. You can try a lens cleaner but if your DVD is stuck loading and you did reset the system and it still does that, then that means the DVD unit cannot read the disk(s).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the answer
But I notice one more thing today if I leave the dvd in player and put the ignition off and then back on the display ask for blinking play instead of loading when I hit play button nothing happen ........any clue

·
Super Moderator
13,843 Posts
Seems like the same problem. The unit is having trouble reading the disks. If you leave it with blinking play long enough, it should error out I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts