Honda Odyssey Forum banner

"05 Ody's in Puget Sound

12K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  az2 
#1 ·
Any body out there with a new Ody yet? I have seen a few and seeing more and more, especially on the Naval bases. Where are you people. Share you buying experiences, thoughts on the new van, etc.
BTW I am in Silverdale.

G
#2 ·
I've only seen one other on the road. And it was the same day we were driving home with ours. I think it was an Ocean Mist, but it pulled off the next freeway exit after we came on, so no formation flying for us. :D

Our buying experience was great, although we had to head south of the Portland area. The dealers within the metro area were sticking to MSRP or higher.

--> Andy

G
#3 ·
sega626 said:
Any body out there with a new Ody yet? I have seen a few and seeing more and more, especially on the Naval bases. Where are you people. Share you buying experiences, thoughts on the new van, etc.
BTW I am in Silverdale.
I'm in Redmond, and in all this time, I've seen a total of **THREE** on the road, two on one day a couple of weeks ago, and then one today. Maybe they just blend in well and I don't notice them, but a few times I've caught a Sienna out of the corner of my eye thinking it was an Ody, only to find it wasn't.

Wayne

#4 ·
Navy Odysseys...

I have actually seen quite a few '05's on the Sub base up here. In fact one of the sub XO's just bought a DR EX-L I noticed, seeing it in the parking lot this morning.
I even deliberately parked directly next to a silver EX-L R/N at Target in Silverdale, the other day, and put a little note in my window with this website. I came out just behind the lady driving it, but she had her hands too full with at least 3 kids to have noticed an identical van next to hers, so I just quietly drove off.

G
#5 ·
Re: Navy Odysseys...

sega626 said:
I have actually seen quite a few '05's on the Sub base up here. In fact one of the sub XO's just bought a DR EX-L I noticed, seeing it in the parking lot this morning.
I even deliberately parked directly next to a silver EX-L R/N at Target in Silverdale, the other day, and put a little note in my window with this website. I came out just behind the lady driving it, but she had her hands too full with at least 3 kids to have noticed an identical van next to hers, so I just quietly drove off.
Well, since my last posting on November 24th, I've seen **ONE** other '05 Ody. And yeah, I've still been looking. I would think that being on the Eastside, where Microsoft stock is plenty, would find a lot more Touring models but it seems to be SUV country. I believe over the last couple of months I've seen more G500's than '05 Odys.

Wayne

G
#7 ·
Pumagaju said:
The only 05 I've actually seen on the road was the guy I bought my 02 from. Unless I win the lottery, I wont be picking up my own 05 until 08!! :D :p
I saw another couple the other day - that makes the total I've seen on the roads somewhere at less than 10. I wonder where they all are?

Wayne

#8 ·
We're the new owners last night of a '05 Touring Odyssey. Slate Green, leather, no DVD, or NAV. Everything else.

We have been putting off the VAN idea but it just keeps making the most sense. Two young boys with all the activities and friends to go with... dog, etc.

I like the idea of the improved gas mileage from previous models, styling, etc.

We are replacing a Land Rover Disco that got 15mpg, don't do any off road any more and hope the Odyssey can haul our 18ft. boat the short distances needed.
We were about to purchase a BMW 5 series wagon and thought about one last look at the Honda Pilot as a replacement for the Disco.

We saw the slate green Odyssey and had been explaining to my wife what I had been reading on the new '05 Odyssey on performance , etc.

Took it out for a drive and the look on my wife's face let me know that after all these years of holding off on the VAN... Honda had finally come up with all the right reasons to purchase.

We paid under MSRP, and loan 2.9% over 60 months, can pay down with no costs. Think last day (nite) of the year helped get an OK price. Think if I had been looking for the Odyssey all along I could have done better on the price, but all in all am pleased with the outcome.

Just joined this site and hope it will be as helpful as tdi.com site has been for info, etc. for my '00 TDI Golf.

Know any one looking for a good deal on a Land Rover Disco...?

#10 ·
Buying experience and price paid.

Would you please share your buying experience and price paid? I am actively looking for good deal for EX-L to purchase. Any good dealer in Washington or Oregon? Have you ever thought of buying from Oregon? Oregon has no sale tax but I wonder if it applies to Washington resident. Any recommendation? Thanks.

G
#11 ·
I would assume that you would have WA Sales Tax due when you went in to register at the DMV. That is the case in CA when you similarly buy a car out of state.

As for dealership experiences, I had purchased in Oregon a few months ago. I don't know much about prices in your area, I only shopped as far north as Vancouver. At least for around here at the time, prices were highest within the metro area.

So in your case, I'd probably look at some of the outlying areas to the south and east, away from Puget Sound to see if you can land a deal at some of the small-town dealerships. Down here I'd recommend these two places:

Kendall Honda in Eugene, Oregon. (Chuck Spressler)
Capitol Honda in McMinnville, Oregon. (Brandon Lewis)

Both guys are the internet contacts that wrote me back after I emailed them on the link at each of the dealer's webpages. Both of these guys came out of the gates with a fair price, and were a pleasure to work with in coming down to the final deal. They walk the walk and didn't try to play any games with me.

At the time I wasn't seeing anything close to "invoice prices", but I think the West Coast tends to be pricier than other markets. But I had saved several hundred off the asking price plus getting a generous trade-in compared to around town. Again, it was closer to "Debut time", so hopefully prices are little more reasonable nowadays.

Good luck!

--> Andy

#12 ·
I also think that things are "pricier" here on west cost. Most of the dealers in Metro had a Market Adjustment Price - or a markup of $1000 to $3900 over MSRP. Costco contact quoted $500 below MSRP. I ended up paying $1000 below MSRP on my EX-L. Again Dealers did not have many vehicles when I was shopping - may be they have more inventory now and hence better prices. Good Luck!

#14 ·
In November, I got my EX-L for >$1000 under MSRP from a dealer in the Spokane area. They had the right model available, didn't force options on me, and were generally supportive.

It was well worth the one-way ticket from SeaTac ($60) and drive home.

-Jonathan

G
#16 ·
Bystander6 said:
It seems dealers in rural have better deal. I am amazed that you bought a ticket there and drove all the way back.
For my next car, I'm likely heading to either Texas or the mid-west (Michigan or thereabouts) and driving it back here to the Puget Sound!

I figure I spend a couple of hundred bucks for a plane ticket, and a couple of hundred bucks driving home. The flip side is getting a few thousand dollars better deal than I could near home, and I'd be able to properly break in the car by roaring across country at triple digit speeds.

Probably some of the money I'd save would have to go to a doctor to get that silly grin off my face too.

Wayne

#17 ·
I would do the following.

1. Locate the dealer nation wide to have the best deal.
2. Buy a roundtrip ticket.
3. Fly over to examine and sign all related purchase documents.
4. Have a car shipping company to ship it back.
5. Fly back home and wait for your new car.

A weekend getaway roundtrip ticket could be very cheap. I am not sure if dealer can ship the car to your door if it is a pre-order case. I guess they should. The destination charge is our money.

#20 ·
Bystander, if you are still looking, check with Stirling Honda in Longview, WA. They gave me a very good deal of nearly $1000 below MSRP on an EX-L RES in mid Oct, so you may even get a better deal. Call and talk to Carlos DeCastro or Eddy. Thay can give you a real good deal. They were no pressure and great to deal with, and even went out of their way when my tag situation got screwed up. It was only a 2-hour drive from Silverdale, so from Olympia I know it would be less.
I just drove from Silverdale to Jacksonville in my Ody and loved it!

#21 ·
We just got our Sage/Olive Nav/DVD over the weekend. We paid just a bit over MSRP in Bellevue. We didn't mind because we didn't want to wait to order, and the exact one we wanted was on it's way in. Our buying experience was excellent ~no stress, no rush. Loved our sales guy, and we've had encounters with MANY sales person. email me at ajlaurel@hotmail.com if you want more info on the salesperson at the Bellevue dealership.

I've been seeing more and more of the 05 models on the road. I love making color comparisons. They're all beautiful~!

#22 ·
We picked up our 05 Ody EX-L Ocean Mist a couple weeks back. Paid MSRP, but wife loved the color so it was a done deal. So far, so good. We had some issues like a sticky power slider but the dealership (Burlington, Wa) took care of it.

We also had a number of options put in (tow package, backup sensors, dimming rear mirror, ...). Again, zero problems with the service department.

Of course, we are comming out of a T&C and the Chrysler local Chrysler dealership here would make a pack of monkeys look competent (GRIN), so maybe I am just dazzled that the service department actually knows how to work on the cars they sell...

#23 ·
Is this a good price for Seattle area?

Hello to fellow Oddysey owners. Hope to join the ranks soon, hopefully in a day or two!

I started calling WA dealers around for the best deal on EX cloth. I am maybe a third trough the list, and the best I have right now is $1200 below MSRP, for in stock vehicle, close to Seattle. A couple of dealers said they only sell MSRP.

Does this sound like a good price?
Does paying cash increase my chances for a good deal?

Thank you for your feedback.

#24 ·
When we setup insurance on our new '05 Ody EXL via USAA, the folks there asked if we used their buying service. We said no, and they said it would not have mattered as they don't see any new Odys going for much less than MSRP. You might call your insurance company and ask them if they have insured many (USAA seems to have) yet and what they feel they are going for.

That said, a neighbor was contemplating a cloth model said they found the prices similar to yours ($1000 - $1500 under MSRP) as the EX models are more abundant and less popular than the EXL and Touring models.

Best prices we got when shopping were from the dealership in Bellevue, but our local dealership matched the price...

#25 ·
Dealer in Vancouver, WA

I just wanted to send out compliments on Cathy at Dick Hannah Honda in Vancouver, Wa.

I am in CA but was thinking about heading up there for a family visit and purchasing my '05 Ody EXL R&N. Although they did not have it in stock she has been the most helpful salesperson I have spoke to in years at any dealership.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.