Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know what this ac compressor part is called? View attachment picture on the left please and let me know. I've been looking all over the internet and can't find any information.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
It is the M6 x 1.0 x 16 bolt, but the head is 5.5 mm (not 6.0 mm as usual).

It is a special bolt made by Denso for Honda application.
Just do what I did, if you strip it, use the "good bolt" and transfer it over that hole.
Then use a generic M6 x 1.0 x 16 bolt for the other hole.

Your other option is to get the standard bolt with 6.0 mm head then grind all 6 sides a tiny bit to make it 5.5 mm.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information but I'm having a really hard time getting those bolts out. Is there a place I can purchase that part and if there is what's the name?

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
If you are getting rid of the compressor, then heat the bolt for about 15 seconds with a propane torch.
It should come out. Make sure you use a 5.5mm socket (available at Sears).

You cannot buy these bolts, they are virtually impossible to find/buy.

As I mentioned in the compressor DIY thread, I stripped one bolt, so I transferred the "good" bolt to the deep hole.
Then I use a standard bolt for the other side.

I already mentioned above, get the Allen bolt, in fact, previous models (2nd Ody) used Allen-head bolt.
You can get the Allen bolt at Home Depot, Lowes etc.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I just verified that the Allen-head bolt works. Simply use an Allen wrench to tighten it.
Best is to get the stainless steel Allen-head bolt (Lowes, Home Depot has it).

PS: The factory 5.5mm bolt is virtually impossible to find. Unless you visit a local junk yard.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well. Those 5.5mm bolts are a pain. I stripped both and could not get the port connector off the old compressor. I tried so hard, I even stripped off the head on the bolt. Anywhere I can order the port connector? And what is the part number?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts