Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a few VERY slow crank starts and stopped by the battery shop for a load test. They claim the battery is charging fine with sufficient cranking amperage and the starter checked out fine. I don't exactly know what/how they test the starter functionality but I was told it is operating correctly. It cranked just fine when they were inspecting it. My plan is to check/clean the chassis ground in front of the battery and negative terminal when I get home. Can this be symptoms of a early starter failure ? My previous experience with starters is that it just stops cranking and a light tap might get it to crank again. is there a ground terminal on the starter I should clean or inspect ? Thanks for any insight from the board on this matter.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Subscribing.
A coworker had the same problems and he said that his mechanic replaced the alternator. Without thinking, I removed the alt and had it tested. It passed. I came back home and tested the batt and it was good. Starter is my only option now, I guess. My van also hesitated to start for a long time, before it died yesterday.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It sounds like he has the same problems I had and a new starter fixed my problems. Took me less than an hour to replace.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The symptom hasn't happened for a few days. Waiting to see if the slow cranking returns before I replace the starter. I have one in hand and have done one on a previous gen Odyssey so I know it's a pretty easy replacement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts