Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any DIY'er perform a power sliding door motor replacement on an '05 that could share some tips on where to buy the part and how to tackle the job?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have the instructions for a 2007 model. Pretty straightforward, if longish. It involves removing the sliding door, trim panel, HVAC unit if on the right side, some other stuff...

Let me know your email in PM if you want to try your luck with the 07 instructions. Otherwise, you can get the 05 instructions at techinfo.honda.com for the 3 days @ 10$ subscription.

That being said, what is the problem? :)

Edit: Just saw your other post. There is a TSB titled "Power Sliding Door Stops at Half-Latch Position, Won’t Close". Sounds like what you desribed... If the door closes partly then reopens, I would think it is not a motor problem.

Has the problem changed since then?

Nicolas

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine actually almost closes all the way but starts to "shutter" a bit towards the end of the close cycle and just before it closes, it reopens. I read the TSB and it is not written in layman's terms. I am going to pm you.....thanks :) .

·
Registered
14 Posts
5 years later but was wondering if anyone would advice me if I should replace a motor. When replaced center roller cable didn't slide smooth manually like other side did.

thanks dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts