Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market as a first time buyer. I'm wondering if there are any kinks in the MY '06, '07 or '08? I'm looking for an EX-L, that has automatic doors. Are there any problem years/areas that I should be on the lookout for? I'd also like a mp3 jack. Navi/DVD are not that interesting to me, as I figure I can do after market or by my kids some tablets.

Thoughts?

thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I'd go with a 2007+ because of the updated transmission, however this making it 'better' has yet to be seen. I'd also recommend an LX due to the most bang for your buck and less things to break, but if power sliders are a must, you gotta bump up a model.

Joel

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MTPockets08 said:
I'd go with a 2007+ because of the updated transmission, however this making it 'better' has yet to be seen. I'd also recommend an LX due to the most bang for your buck and less things to break, but if power sliders are a must, you gotta bump up a model.

Joel
Thanks much. Any know issues with the power sliders? Will they revert to mechanical if the motor breaks?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I can't say they're overly problematic. They can be closed manually, but not w/out some effort.

Joel

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Doors seem to be less problematic than other areas. We have about 80k miles and had no problems with the electric portion although we did have one of the doors aligned as it was rattling. You can turn off the electric (switch on dash) and they roll quite easily.

FYI, any model above an LX models comes with the electric sliding doors. There's really no stand-alone options...just packages LX, EX, EX-L, and Touring. EX-L is most popular.

I personally would avoid the '07 because it seems to have the most torque converter problems followed closely by the '08. I'd take an '05, '06, or an '09+ myself. Most of the '05-'06 issues were first year things that were worked out during the warranty period. We've been smooths sailing since about 38k miles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
skinny2 said:
Doors seem to be less problematic than other areas. We have about 80k miles and had no problems with the electric portion although we did have one of the doors aligned as it was rattling. You can turn off the electric (switch on dash) and they roll quite easily.

FYI, any model above an LX models comes with the electric sliding doors. There's really no stand-alone options...just packages LX, EX, EX-L, and Touring. EX-L is most popular.

I personally would avoid the '07 because it seems to have the most torque converter problems followed closely by the '08. I'd take an '05, '06, or an '09+ myself. Most of the '05-'06 issues were first year things that were worked out during the warranty period. We've been smooths sailing since about 38k miles.
Thanks for the insight!! What about mp3 auxilary port? Do they have them?

·
Registered
286 Posts
lyncstar said:
Thanks for the insight!! What about mp3 auxilary port? Do they have them?
On The 2008 EXL
- There is an AUX port.
- The CD head unit can play MP3/WMA discs.

·
Registered
786 Posts
txn said:
On The 2008 EXL
- There is an AUX port.
- The CD head unit can play MP3/WMA discs.
I believe that the mp3 jack and cd player capability came in 07 because I know I missed it by a year. There have been numerous claims (myself included) that there was a big decrease in the quality of materials used in 08. Mostly these things seemed to be cosmetic, but it makes you wonder what else Honda cut back on :confused: . I noticed a downgrade even from 06 to 07.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My understanding is that only 08+ will have factory MP3.
Didn't the 08's also have rearview camera as part of the rearview mirror.

The alternative is to add an adapter (GROM audio, etc) or change the radio on older models.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts