Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my wife a 2006 EX-L and noticed the storage tray or drawer at the bottom of the front center console (below cupholders and power ports) is broken. Looks like there should be some clips (drawer slides maybe?) missing on either side. Anyone had experience with this and what type of fixes are possible. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
123 Posts
WOW, you mean there is another storage drawer under there to. I just picked up an 06 EX-L RES 3 weeks ago. Still exploring it. Will have to go down and check it out. I know the drawer under the front passenger seat likes to hang up on the carpet.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
WOW, you mean there is another storage drawer under there to. I just picked up an 06 EX-L RES 3 weeks ago. Still exploring it. Will have to go down and check it out. I know the drawer under the front passenger seat likes to hang up on the carpet.
This one is really nicely hidden. We use ours a lot.

·
Registered
318 Posts
sounds like it might have been yanked out with brute force to break that thing.
Unfortunately it's plastic so the best way to fix it is to replace it.
Good luck.

Just bought my wife a 2006 EX-L and noticed the storage tray or drawer at the bottom of the front center console (below cupholders and power ports) is broken. Looks like there should be some clips (drawer slides maybe?) missing on either side. Anyone had experience with this and what type of fixes are possible. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Do you have the DVD player? The design of that compartment is different depending on whether or not the model has the DVD. The DVD models is more drawer like and much smaller.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just looked again, I have been using it to store my extra reading glasses. If its been pulled to far, I can see that it derailed and maybe broke the plastic stops.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
It's not broken. That's the way it is. We've had our '06 since new and have been using it since day 1 and it's always had a lot of slop in it. Yes, it seems to be missing something but I think Honda just cheaped out on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's not broken. That's the way it is. We've had our '06 since new and have been using it since day 1 and it's always had a lot of slop in it. Yes, it seems to be missing something but I think Honda just cheaped out on it.
This isn't about "slop", the drawer is missing a track. When I look inside I see the metal frame where the missing piece should clip into and it's at least an inch wider than the drawer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Drawer Rail

Hi, Just wanted to know if anyone found a resolution to this issue. I have the same problem and found that one of the plastic rails is missing where the drawer/tray sits. Thanks.

·
Registered
370 Posts
On my '07 EX-L RES/NAV that drawer has two black plastic drawer guides that just clip into the console and then the draw slides on the guides. While changing by seat heater switch bulbs I had to remove this drawer. It was a struggle to get everything back together and working as the black plastic drawer guides kept dislodging when the drawer was being inserted. I can see why someone would "86" them. Twolife the black plastic drawer guides clip into the metal frame that you are describing or at least they do on my '07. The guides are a son of gun to get in place and to hold in place while installing the drawer at least for large to average sized man hands with poor dexterity.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know it's been a long time, but it's worth a shot. Has anyone found the retention rails/clips for this lower console drawer? I loved using this drawer for 4 years until it was yanked out too forcefully and would love to get it working again! Mine goes back in and stays in perfectly, I just need to find the retaining clips (I believe) that will keep it in the dash and not falling on the floor if you pull it out...

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too am late to the game but have the same problem. My bro-in-law yanked on my tray too hard and the piece fell off. Now it's missing and the dealership can't even pull up a picture of it. That's all they are too, just little black plastic guides, but without them the door keeps sliding. Anyone had any luck finding one? I was told my only option is a whole console replacement ($160 withOUT labor). This is so frustrating. I can't believe they are no where to be found. :(
Thanks-

·
Registered
240 Posts
There was but I never got any replies so i gave up. Do you need a set or just one
I really need one of these drawer slides too. The passenger side one is the one we are missing on our 2006 EXL/RES.

What is amazing to me is how this approximately 5-inch-long drawer slide/guide not only fell out but has disappeared COMPLETELY! That entire lower console area on an EXL/RES Odyssey is definitely the Bermuda Triangle. Thanks for whatever you can turn up.

And yes the O.P. Is correct - even tho the slides are part of a metal frame /assembly that screws into the inside of the lower console, it/they cannot be ordered separately. One must buy an entire lower console. I have scoured and called the local salvage yards to no avail...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Check your local used parts dealers to see if they have an 06 Ody in their lot. Then have at it with your toolkit and it should probably be no more than $10.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Check your local used parts dealers to see if they have an 06 Ody in their lot. Then have at it with your toolkit and it should probably be no more than $10.
Ill head to my warehouse tomorrow and see what i can find for us

1 - 20 of 29 Posts