Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rear a/c fan is blowing. Front a/c is not. Doesn't matter whether in auto or not. When I try to adjust fan speed via controls, icons show increase/decrease but nothing is coming out of the vents.

Looked through the fuse pannels but didn't see much indicating a fuse for the fan.

Please help.

Thanks

BP

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
trying to use search now. I saw in an old post to check F56, what is that. I don't see it on the fuse diagram.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the answer!!

I know exactly what you problem is because it just happened to me! The blower motor resistor has gone out. It is a very easy fix. The resistor is located under the glove box on the passenger side. I am going to give you a link to a video fixing the problem on an 02. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
What trim level as the lx has a resistor board and the ex has a transistor. Get different symptoms. Always supply full vehicle specs when requesting information.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine did not blow at all either. Just give the dealership parts department your specs and they will get you the correct part. A very easy fix!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its a 06 EX-L with RES

I called the dealership today and they wanted a ton of money for the part which cannot be returned, of course.

I found this link

I have a 2006 Honda Odyssey LX. The front blower motor & ac - JustAnswer

and started the troubleshooting section. The Code I got was CJ which yeilds nothing for me on a google search.

Then I go to part 2 and check the resistance on the transistor. It is at 1.5. I'm lost.

Any help is appreciated.

BP

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't even think I'm looking at the right part anymore. It looks nothing like the one in the video. It is in the left hand side of the passenger foot area, near the center divider. I got it out and it doesn't come apart at all. Nothing like part to of the video posted above. Man, I hate to take this thing to the dealer for what looks so simple.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Further diagnosis needs to be done. If the transistor is bad the blower will still run when set to maximum. Placing the blower on maximum bypasses the transistor. If it does not blow on maximum then you need to look elsewhere for the problem which means tracing out the circuit with a voltmeter. First would be measuring the voltage at the blower motor as it could be open. Blindly throwing parts at it without understanding how it works will probably wind up costing more than taking it to the dealer or a good local auto shop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Joined ODYCLUB just to post here. Wonderful community with tons of advice.

I have a 2006 Odyssey EX with 68k miles and last week the A/C stopped working. The blower in front does not blow even though the icons show increase/decrease when trying the fan buttons. Dealer said blower transistor was gone and would cost $333 to fix. I found this forum and decide to buy the part from the same dealer and fix it myself. Part cost $200 and it worked perfectly when I plugged the new transistor in. Part is returnable per Honda parts store.

Now I am not someone who wants to pay $200 for a part that seems like it should cost less than $50.

HEre's a link to a cheaper alternative. The part looks the same as the one bought from Honda, but it says resistor on the link, so am skeptical.

2005-2010 Honda Odyssey Blower Motor Resistor - Climate Control - Metrix, Front 05-10 Odyssey Blower Motor Resistor - 18373-01150087 - PartsGeek

Also I ordered the thermal cutoffs to see if I could salvage the part with a soldering iron. :) I have no idea how to open the part up. Any suggestions would be welcome.

·
Registered
2015 Odyssey EXL RES
61 Posts
My 2006 Odyssey bower stopped working as well. I got a new power transistor and that didn't get things working. I tested both the old and new transistors and they both passed. I took the blower motor out and hooked it to the battery with test leads and it worked fine. I tested the fuse too (#21, 40A). Now I am totally unsure what to do. I took it to the dealer to diagnose but they said the motor was bad and wanted to charge me $400 to replace it. I have ordered a new motor but am actually not at all sure what is up. Anybody have suggestions?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts