Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of the sudden, my oddy put B25 on the odometer display. I know they mean:
B. Change engine oil & filter.
2. Change engine air filter & cabin filter. Check all belts.
5. Replace engine coolant.

However, I find it odd that all 3 showed up at the same time, out of no where. Is this triggered by mileage or sensors? Since I doubt all 3 were sensed at the same time, what else could cause this? For instance, Oil & filter are regularly changed.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
There’s nothing that caused this and no need for concern or angst. It’s just normal maintenance stuff. The maintenance minder is largely driven by mileage but others here contend there are other aspects to it. There is nothing unusual about all 3 codes showing at the same time.

Be sure to use genuine Honda blue coolant.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
793 Posts
Or alternatively just a quality blue coolant. Doesn't necessarily have to be Honda. I can't remember in which one, but ETCG has a video where he briefly mentions one or two good blue alternatives for genuine Honda coolant.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Flushed and replaced the coolant with OEM 9 months ago. So, that should not be the problem. How do I erase the codes?

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
The MM will trigger a specific code in correspondence with the nearest oil change to the interval Honda says it should be done. That's why even though the official interval for the timing belt is 105K some will see the code at 102K and others at 107K. The MM is only an algorithm and there are no sensors involved to detect fluid quality and it always assumes you did the particular item when the code gets cleared when you are DIY. I've seen posted here that the dealer is capable of telling the ECM that certain items have been done so the MM won't call for it again until the interval comes due again.

To reset the MM cycle through the trip meters, etc., until you display the oil life percentage. Hold the button down until the maintenance codes display, release, then hold until oil life 100% shows.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Thanks. Flushed and replaced the coolant with OEM 9 months ago. So, that should not be the problem. How do I erase the codes?
Again, you don't have a problem. It's just a maintenance reminder, not an engine fault indicator. The reminder is only as good as when it was reset the last time. In you case, it sounds like it was not reset when you had the coolant changed. I don't pay any attention to my MM. I reset it as soon as anything appears.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Again, you don't have a problem. It's just a maintenance reminder, not an engine fault indicator. The reminder is only as good as when it was reset the last time. In you case, it sounds like it was not reset when you had the coolant changed. I don't pay any attention to my MM. I reset it as soon as anything appears.
And if he changed it prior to the code coming up the MM has no way of knowing that, so it will trigger the code based on the last time the code appeared and the interval programmed into the MM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts