Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 ody and the drivers side ac blows warm air for a while then after about an hour or so on the highway it gets cold? anyone had this problem before?

·
Registered
186 Posts
zekeboy said:
I have an 06 ody and the drivers side ac blows warm air for a while then after about an hour or so on the highway it gets cold? anyone had this problem before?

I have had this problem since day 1,,, 2005 ody. The r135 range is 22oz to 35 oz,,, After I kept trying to keep it at 34 oz , last week we took it down to 22oz and now it's 38f in the shade and gets cold after 2-3 minutes,,, go figure all this time I had my system over charged,,,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So did the drivers side cool down after you lowered the refridgerent charge?? How did you lower the charge to 22oz??

·
Registered
186 Posts
zekeboy said:
So did the drivers side cool down after you lowered the refridgerent charge?? How did you lower the charge to 22oz??
On recir with a therm in the middle vent, fan on low. Both side temp controls on low (if a duel sys) Car must be in shade.

I have use of a auto shops ac recharge system. You suck out all charge and the machine measures what to put back in.

No machine??? With a discharged system, suck in 1.5 cans of r134. Monitor temp,, when it gets to 38'f to 40'f your done.. Or tell a shop to do it,,, but ussally they will tell you that there is some kind of false repair bill $800 to $1000. Because of this I went on line and got a EPA card,, after a easy test,,, :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts