Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A mechanic who noticed fluid on the outside of the transmission recommended we take it to the dealership to have it looked at. it turns out to be a leaky seal in the axle boot which needs replacement. this is typically an item covered under the 5yr/50K mi. warranty but we are 10 days out of warranty! He recommended we contact Honda directly since their 'hands are tied'. We can get our mechanic to verify that he noticed the leak weeks ago (he actually did, we just took longer to get it to the dealership to have looked at ). Does anyone have a number for Honda they can share? Possibly the division/department who can assist with this claim? thanks!

·
Registered
755 Posts
What mileage are you at? If it's lower than 50k then they should be willing to help you out. 10 days ain't that big of a deal, so I'm pretty sure the dealership is just trying to have your money.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Dealerships hands aren't tied....they just aren't willing to do any footwork for you. Mine had several repairs done out of warranty. Do you have a relationship with this dealer? If so, they should be going to bat for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the car has just under 47K on it. I will try the regianal office as suggested earlier in this post to see if they are the right dept to help. I would be surprised if honda denied coverage only 10days out, if the dealership confirmed there is a problem and a reputable mechanic who has a history with the car can also vouch for seeing the same issue months earlier. This is not a major repair job.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I would move quickly to get this problem resolve!! The longer you wait the more Honda would give he run around. I wouldn't surprise me if they ask you to pay the labor only or a certain %.

·
Registered
606 Posts
06 actually had 5 / 60,000 on powertrain, FYI.

I bet they cover that, or 1/2 cost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts