Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving down i75, out of no were my van shut off, couldnt get to start again. Towed home, check timing belt and it look good, check sparks good, fuel and good. But i dont have no compresion. Why i would not have compression if the timing is good and on timing?

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Did you observe the timing belt moving while someone turns the engine over? And how do you know you have no compression? Checked with a pressure gauge screwed into the spark plug holes? How many cylinders did you check? No compression as in zero, or just super low?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes timing belt moving, check all cylinder front head 60 psi 120psi 60psi rear head all 3 cylinder less then 5 psi

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you observe the timing belt moving while someone turns the engine over? And how do you know you have no compression? Checked with a pressure gauge screwed into the spark plug holes? How many cylinders did you check? No compression as in zero, or just super low?
Yes timing belt moving, check all cylinder front head 60 psi 120psi 60psi rear head all 3 cylinder less then 5 psi

·
Registered
7,537 Posts
This sounds like a broken camshaft ... but on BOTH cylinder banks? I just can't fathom that.

That van is not going anywhere. Might as well remove the valve covers and spin the engine with the starter to see what is going on.

OF

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Yeah something isn’t adding up. I bet the belt slipped or broke and bent all the valves. No way for driving one second and not the next.

·
Registered
13,122 Posts
I agree. Timing slipped and bent valves. I'm guessing you're not looking at the correct timing marks.

Reactions: 0dyfamily

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Timing marks are sometimes difficult to read unless you have all covers off. The bottom crank position is the key relative to cams. There are multiple cast in lines but only one is valid. Pictures or it didn’t happen!

·
Registered
7,537 Posts
Lightning cat desires pictures.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts