Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put in a rebuilt.,.. drove for around 1000 miles and the wife got a lurch, flashing d and what I assume is limp mode.... turned off the car and d went away and she drove it home with no issues..... the next day it did same issue and she had to shut the engine off numerous times to get it home.... we ran the codes and we got 974,977,980 and 2185 ..... replaced the solenoids and the wiring looks good ..... fluid is new with the rebuilt of course. Now I get D3 at start up and flashing d immediately.... no lurch, but I get sluggish start and I can’t really tell if it’s shifting...... any help is appreciated

·
Registered
10 Posts
How many miles did the car have when its original transmission failed? How often was the transmission fluid drained and filled during the life of the car.
I have two 2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L's, and just wanted to get a feel for how long the original transmissions last.
As to your original question, its very hard to answer why a rebuilt transmission has failed. Do you have any warranty on the rebuilt transmission. Its likely whoever rebuilt it didn't do a careful job.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
185000 on the original .... well maintained... I hear they fail between 175-200..... this guy is meticulous.... the rebuilt has a three year unlimited miles warranty

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just purchased a 2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L for $4,250 on Craigslist with only 82,000 miles on it. So, one option you have is to view these cars as disposable if the transmission fails, and then just spend the money you would have spent on a rebuilt transmission instead on buying another one with much lower miles. I do drain / fills of the transmission fluid every year. My mechanic only charges $30 for the labor, and I buy the 3+ quarts of genuine Honda Fluid from the dealer for about $25. I've read if you do drain/fills of the transmission fluid very frequently on these vans, your golden.

·
Registered
565 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok it’s fixed!!! I went through all the wiring and found a loose ground..... so yes he was right. If all the solenoid codes come up , it’s most likely a wiring issue.... and he was very certain it had something to do with the wiring, either a short, loose ground, or something along those lines........ so BOOM. I’m back on the road!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts