Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the dealer fix both of my sliding doors last week at Hillside Honda(Rip-off). When i picked up my car and started driving, i noticed no sound coming from the Radio and no power to my rear DVD screen. The radio/NAV/DVD player turns on but no sound and no display on the rear dvd screen. I took it back to the dealer and the Manager goes you bought the car in that way. I insisted that i did not. He said we can open it up and look BUT if its not related to door repair, we have to charge you. I took the van home as is. Called Honda Corp and opened a complaint case and they will have regional case manager get back to me in 1 to two business day(which is today or tomorrow). I also filed case with Better Business B. Anyone know what the problem can be? fuse? if so, which one? Im Driving down from NY to SC on Wednesday with kids and would like this up and running.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would say that the dealership disconnected the battery to work on the doors. The radio has a security code that will need to be entered when the battery has been disconnected. When the radio is turned on for the first time after the battery has been disconnected, it will display 'CODE'. You should have a card with the radio's security code. Enter the 5-digit security code and the radio will function normally.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I entered the codes for nav and radio BUt my problem is the sound and rear DVD display.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The doors and the DVD can be related... the RES is somehow linked with the doors via the accessory fuse box under the hood and also the accessory wire that attaches to the battery cable.

I know this because one time when someone replaced my battery, the accessory wire got loose and the doors worked sporatically and the dvd screen and some of my sound wouldn't work also wouldn't work. If they did remove the battery, you might check the wire and make sure it isn't loose, but if your doors are working great, probably unlikely.

There is also a fuse that is under the hood in a little accessory fuse box on the passenger side. It isn't the big one... it's above that... like 2 inches by 4 inches... inside that there is a fuse for the RES. It is 7.5A on the far right. Check that.

That's all I got! Good luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
By the way, the accessory wire connects that little fuse box I was talking about to the positive terminal on the battery... so it being loose can affect anything in that fuse box.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok i just checked the cable going from the fuse to the battery and its connected. I also check the fuse as directed above and its not blown.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts