Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not been able to find a previous post on sliding door problems with the same symptoms I am having. On my 06 Touring the passenger door will not latch closed and I am unable to open or close it manually. When I use the door handles or the dash switch I get nothing, no sound, no clicks. I checked the passenger side fuse and the secondary 40 amp fuse under the hood, but both are good. Could the power actuator be bad and keep the door from trying to open or close at all? Thanks for any ideas...

·
Registered
8 Posts
> Is the left slider power lock working?
> If you turn off the power doors at the dash and unlock the left slider, can you open and close the left slider manually?
> How old is your battery?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The actual door locks are all working. When the power door switch on the dash is on, the passenger slider does nothing, just sits popped open about an inch. When I turn off the power switch, I can't operate the door manually, the door is caught up on the power closer with it being an inch out and won't let it pop open so it can slide open. But with the power switch off I am able to push in the back of the door from the outside and the power actuator sucks the door in, completely closed and then a second or two later, the actuator powers again and lets go of the grip and it pops open that 1 inch or so again. It did have a totally dead battery, and I did do the fuse out thing to reset, but no change.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New symptoms

I was finally able to lube the rear latch on the passenger power slider to get it open. I think I am going to have to replace the power closer, but the main problem now is that I can't get the door to open or close by power. If I turn off the power dash switch and try to operate the doors by the dash switch I get the 3 warning beeps on the working drivers side door, but no beeps when I try to operate the passenger side door. Any ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
You said your van had a totally dead battery. Did you replace it or recharge it? Reason I ask is because many electrical problems (especially intermittent ones) can result from a failing battery. If your '06 has the original battery, or a newer battery that's been completely discharged, the battery could be failing (even though it still starts the car). If there's any doubt, have the battery checked. If the battery terminals are corroded, remove the cables and clean everything with a wire brush.

Otherwise, I'm kind of losing track of what your door symptoms are, so I'll offer a general observation.

The power sliding door system is extremely complicated. It incorporates the usual electro-mechanical components--motors, actuators, switches--and lots of them, plus it's tied into the van's B-CAN body controller network. The B-CAN network is a computer system that controls power windows, power locks, power doors, wipers, interior and exterior lights, audio system, and more. The power sliding door system is controlled by at least five separate computers on the B-CAN network. The B-CAN system will generate its own diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs)--these are separate from the engine management DTCs.

The proper way to troubleshoot power sliding door problems is to first retrieve any B-CAN DTCs that have been set. This can be done by jumping the service connector in the driver's side fuse box; if codes have been set, they'll be displayed on the odometer display or multi-information display. The factory service manual includes separate troubleshooting guides for each B-CAN DTC. The trouble-shooting guides might lead you to replace either electro-mechanical components or B-CAN controllers.

The service manual also includes a general symptom list and trouble-shooting guide for the power sliding doors (the manual still recommends retrieving and trouble-shooting B-CAN DTCs first). If the symptom is the door is not automatically opening OR closing with ANY operation (dash switch, key remote, or handles), this is the list of components to trouble-shoot, in this order:
1. Slidng door main switch (on dash)
2. Sliding door alignment (I think the issue here is misalignment that's causing the door to bind; binding can also be caused by a worn or corroded center roller assembly)
3. Slide motor sensor
4. Slide motor
5. Slide motor electromagnetic clutch
6. Sliding door control unit
7. Pinch sensor
8. Fuel fill door switch
9. Rear junction box
The service manual includes separate troubleshooting guides for each of these components.

If you're serious about trouble-shooting and repairing your sliding doors yourself, you really need to buy the Honda factory service manual. It's only $56.50 from helmsinc.com (Helms is the official publisher of Honda's technical literature). You can also buy a separate electrical manual for $50, but it's not necessary to trouble-shoot and repair your doors--all trouble-shooting and repair information are in the main service manual.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm also dealing with the same issue as above (opposite side door). I'm doubtful I will hear about the final resolution from the original poster since he never went beyond three posts.

Details:
* 2008 Ody
* Passenger door working properly with both FOB and dash buttons; opens, closes and locks properly.
* I replaced the rollers last spring and the door has been working smoothly up until now.
* Driver's side sliding door will open and close with power or manually. However, as it finishes closing it won't stay latched closed.
* I finally managed to close the door hard with a hip bump to the back.
* While driving the dash indicator shows no open doors, however the buzzer/alarm is on that a rear door is open when the van is in gear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts