Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the list of issues I'm experiencing:

1. Alarm sometimes trips on its own. always at night. it has been raining a lot lately
2. VSA, ABS, brake light and flashing "D" light.
3. Key fob doesn't lock/unlock.

Looking at the problems others have had in the past it appears to be water. I confirmed as the carpet is damp below the fuse box on the drivers side. The sunroof drains are not clogged. I poured water into the sunroof tray and water gurgles down the holes and I can see it exiting the bottom of the car.

I pulled the front of the headliner removing the center light cluster and both visors and A pillar covers. The drivers side curtain air bag was damp and I could see water in the rubber door seal.

The only thing I could see is that the space between the black sunroof tray and the van body is allow water to enter (front of the van). I sprayed a hose and water does enter that gap. I'm going to seal up the gap with some silicone to see if this takes care of my water problems.

I would be interest to know if anyone else has had a similar issue and what they did to address it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I've had the felt under my rug get saturated but no electrical issues. Being winter I can't tell if it has gotten wet again since I dried it out. Can you post a picture of where you think it's coming in? If you found the culprit it may help someone else in the future.

·
Registered
10,946 Posts
Water intrusion is common. It will ruin the fuse boxes if you don't get it fixed.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had the felt under my rug get saturated but no electrical issues. Being winter I can't tell if it has gotten wet again since I dried it out. Can you post a picture of where you think it's coming in? If you found the culprit it may help someone else in the future.
Sorry, I didn't take any pics when I had the headliner partially removed. Anyone who has this water intrusion into the cabin should remove the a-pillar cover to see if there is moisture in the curtain air bag. The leak is most likely a clogged drain hole. Remove the visors and center light array (4x 8mm bolts) to remove the front of the headliner.

I placed a hose on the roof for 10 minutes while the headliner was removed. I could see water exiting from the front fenders and no water was entering from the sunroof tray. I didn't seal with silicone as was my original plan. I don't believe it was the roof rails as the headliner was not wet or discolored indicating water. There was no water entering from the windshield either.

I did remove the aftermarket sunroof wind deflector that may have contributed the leak issue. I left a fan on the fuse box and some dessicant to dry up any moisture. There are no lights on and the FOB is working. I have the horn fuse back in so I will see if the alarm trigger again. Rain is in the forecast in a few days so I will report back.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Had the exact issue plus most of the guages were on (key out) fuel gauge etc. Engine wouldnt start but when it did it kept running when I removed the key.
I removed the fuses by drivers foor one by one think it was the #5 interior light everything normal with it out. That was after a heavy rain.
Even after it dried it wouldnt go away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts