Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This started while on vacation: the sliding door handle on the passenger side is sticking in the forward/close position.

We have set the child safety lock on the sliding doors, so the inside handle can only close the door. What I have noticed is that, sometimes, when I try to close the door using the inside handle, it is already in forward position. I have to push it back (which makes the door beep, nice! :-/ ) before I can pull it.

Has anyone had this happen? Does anyone know what exactly needs to be lubed?

Nicolas

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
I too have this exact issue but only once in a while. Looking forward to some one who's done this fix as I don't want to take it in as they always scratch panels and what not.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have the same problem. Seems intermittent. When I saw this I was hoping someone here can post a solution.

I don't have the child locks engaged, so I doubt this has any relevance.

My guess is that the cable inside the door that attaches to the latch needs to be lubed.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Starting to feel like I'll be opening the door to explore a little bit... :)

I need to get this done before winter, so I'll post pictures when and if I do.

Nicolas

·
Registered
369 Posts
Same problem here. But it doesnt cause a problem, so I have not complained or had it looked at.

Now the doors only opening half way every once in a while...that has been looked at and nothing found!!!! Sometimes I feel like forcing it open and breaking the door!!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RinconVTR said:
Now the doors only opening half way every once in a while...that has been looked at and nothing found!!!! Sometimes I feel like forcing it open and breaking the door!!!
There are other threads for that, and a TSB I think.

Nicolas

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On my van it is the internal handle that I have to push backwards (towards open) before I can pull forward to close the door. From what I can see from pictures and graphics in the tech manual, the pivot of this handle seems to be part of the door mechanism.

Not sure where a cable would come in... :confused:

Also, as noted, we rarely use the outside handle and mostly open the door with the remote and close it with the handle or the remote.

Nicolas

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the same issue on my '08. Seems to only occur intermittently and on one side of the van. Ideas for a fix would be helpful

1 - 8 of 8 Posts