Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 EXL. This just started a couple days ago. Accelerating through 2000 rpm, there is a high pitched grinding type sound. It only happens when in gear, and it appears to only happen at 2000 rpm only while accelerating. Actual vehicle speed does not appear to make a difference.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
6,074 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Grinding sound

07 EXL. This just started a couple days ago. Accelerating through 2000 rpm, there is a high pitched grinding type sound. It only happens when in gear, and it appears to only happen at 2000 rpm only while accelerating. Actual vehicle speed does not appear to make a difference.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Hi,
Have you solve the grinding sound problem on your van?

Weely

·
Registered
15 Posts
Turned out to be a bad motor mount.

For my case, it only happens once every trip.
Here's the sequence of events:

• Put car in reverse and pull car uphill out of driveway.
  • Put car in drive...start to move forward.
  • When mph reaches ~15mph, a quick metal grinding sound appears and then goes away.

The sound is only there for a split second. It doesn't appear any other time except the car first is put in drive. It's almost like it's only at the first shift into 2nd gear after being parked or in reverse. Is you van's symptom similar to mine?

Weely

·
Registered
15 Posts
Check out the list of TSBs to see if any pertain to your problem.

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/52-20...-odyssey-technical-service-bulletins-tsb.html

Hi bro, can you help me to troubleshoot? For my case, it only happens once every trip.
Here's the sequence of events:

• Put car in reverse and pull car uphill out of driveway.
  • Put car in drive...start to move forward.
  • When mph reaches ~15mph, a quick metal grinding sound appears and then goes away.

The sound is only there for a split second. It doesn't appear any other time except the car first is put in drive. It's almost like it's only at the first shift into 2nd gear after being parked or in reverse

Weely

1 - 8 of 8 Posts