Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The driver side rear sliding door doesn’t do anything when you press the button on the key fob or the dash. You can open and close it manually but it won’t latch and it shows that the door is not closed on the dash. We had the driver side switch’s replaced cause only the drivers window went down. When we picked the car up from the shop the van was dead so they jumped it and it has t died again. SIDE NOTE the key fobs are not working at all not to lock the doors or to open passengers sliding door which works if you hit the button on the dash. The Door did open by itself on my wife the other day when she was driving. Please help I have a disabled child that loves car rides but we don’t feel safe.

·
Registered
13,513 Posts
If it was working prior to taking it to the shop why not take it back to the shop. The driver's side switch does the logic and receiving for the remote so they need to finish the job.

·
Registered
13,513 Posts
I'm not sure that the sliding door issue has anything to do with the new switch up front. If the battery dies overnight, or over a couple of nights while not being driven, and also the sliding door doesn't work automatically, that can be a sign of a problem in the rear latch in the sliding door. Would be a separate issue. A failed latch will cause a 400mA draw when the key is off and drain the battery.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
And perhaps next time Mike07 you could post your question in the 3rd Generation section instead of under Detailing, since your post has nothing to do with "keeping your Ody showroom fresh!" ;)

Reactions: Batvette

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was does it need to be in 3rd generation section. I’m trying to keep my ody showroom fresh that’s why I have 18inch Lexani rims

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
What wax to use on those rims is certainly appropriate here,
Problems with your '07 sliding door is better in the '05-'10 3rd Gen section!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
@Mike07 hey mike welcome to the forum. By posting ur issue in the right place can give u a better change of getting more and better replies. More users are around the Gen3 thread than detailing for sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah; actually a few of those came on just before we hit 300K (as in, the day of; we drove about 30 miles today). These lights come on intermittently and are primarily the result of failing sensor readings. These warning lights are on maybe 10% of the time (though check engine light is always on now lol).

Again, these are original miles carrying a family of five and took me across the US (Georgia to California), and I plan to take it back to GA in a month after this internship is over!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts