Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 ody with 92k miles. Check engine light is on. I got Autozone to pull the code and got:

P0154
Sensor 21 heater system malfunction

The van also won't go into Eco mode. Autozone shows 4 different oxygen sensors ranging from $57 to $155. Which one is it? Also, is it okay to run it like this for a month before I fix it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I too have this code. Mine has been going off and on for months. I changed out the O2 sensor (2nd upstream is what I was told ((passenger side aka rear top))) and I still have this problem.

From my experience of this going on for the last 5-6 mos is that it hasn't hurt anything. Just wont go into Economy mode.

I put in the Bosch sensor with the part number 13958. So I went back to have them pull the code to see if a different one is out now, nope. The same code for the same sensor. I will be watching this thread to see if you get a difference diagnosis for a different sensor. I was told that the system has to reset itself and you have to go through 8-10 start cycles on it to do this. I have gone through 20+ and put over 200 miles on the van since I changed this out......and nothing has changed.

I have 2 mos till i have to do the emissions test again and need to get this fixed.

I hope you have better luck getting this fixed than I have, lol.
§

EDIT: May I ask how many miles you have on yours? I have a 2007 EXL RES with just now 54k on it. When all this happened to make the light go on in the first place, I had roughly 48k on it, give or take some. Which seemed awfully early to have an O2 sensor go out.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
To answer the question of will it hurt anything,,,, It will. The engine is more than likely pumping more gas througy it which will gradually damage the catalytic converter. Anytime you are running with the CEL light on you are running the risk of damaging the converter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts