Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1646 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced the PAX tire/wheel combo on our '07 Touring. Used the '07 Acura MDX Sport package wheels 18"X8". Tires are from an '07 Acura RDX, Michelin 235/55/18. The standard MDX tires are 255/55/18 which are too wide for the fenders on the Odyssey, some rubbing will occur, especially when fully loaded. Tire pressure sensors were also replaced with the correct ones for the Odyssey, part number:06421-S3V-A04.

'07 MDX Sport Package Wheels

Perfect fitment and wheel offset.

Ride is quieter than the Michelin PAX and not as rough over small road imperfections.

Notice the width of the stock 255's on the MDX, compared to the 235's mounted on the Odyssey.

Replaced the MDX Tire pressure sensors, with the Odyssey's TPMS.

This is the correct TPMS for the swap. Note the part number.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Looks VERY nice! Much better than EX-L's wheels !

·
Registered
861 Posts
And the total price of this setup comes to......?
Of coure I don't need the TPMS, but would like to upgrade rims when the OEM tires wear out. That setup looks very nice!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Agreed, a very attractive solution. Someone might want to send these photos to Honda. Normally I'd say they won't use Acura wheels on a Honda, but the Accord EX V6's wheels do strongly resemble those on the Gen2 TL Type-S...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you happen to try to use the Acura sensors before you replaced them with the Honda sensors? I have read somewhere before that the Acura ones worked. These wheels do look very nice on your Ody.

When I had my PAX wheel next to my Acura 17" RL wheel, I couldn't believe the difference in weight. The new wheel felt like it weighed half as much and that seriously translated to improved off the line acceleration and improved fuel economy. Even though there is a difference in diameter (speedometer effect) I still got 31 MPG on my first 100 mile drive with the new wheels. I am sure you will have the same gains.

Congrats on the upgrade.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Acura MDX sensors will not link to the Ody's You will get an error.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks very :cool: !

The turn signal side marker also looks very clean. What kind did you use and how easy or difficult was that to install?

E

·
0 Posts
one thing i noticed is on the fourth picture there is a thing on the front quarter panel(i think) is that a side turn signal or something?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
jcody07 said:
Looks very :cool: !

The turn signal side marker also looks very clean. What kind did you use and how easy or difficult was that to install?
Ditto here... Please let us know what turn signal you've used (manufacturer/part#), as well as how it wired... looks clean, european-style. Was it from a BMW ?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Wow! Makes the Odyssey look a lot sportier.

·
Registered
406 Posts
mkaresh said:
Agreed, a very attractive solution. Someone might want to send these photos to Honda. Normally I'd say they won't use Acura wheels on a Honda, but the Accord EX V6's wheels do strongly resemble those on the Gen2 TL Type-S...
In fact, they are the Gen 2 TL Type S wheels.

·
Registered
406 Posts
So in fact, just about any of the MDX wheels for the new gen (2) should work on the Odyssey?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just replaced my tires/wheels with acura RL takeoffs and the stock TPMS (sensors) that come with the RL work perfectly with no calibration or other effort on my part. This is for 05 touring, but I assume they will work with newer models also.

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
hardcore!
very2 nice
why dont you get the rear and side bodykit too?

i was just thinking yesterday since you work at acura dealer
do you think MDX 07 mirror fit to odyssey ?I been wanting to have signal in my mirror

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
smartmansbimmer said:
When I had my PAX wheel next to my Acura 17" RL wheel, I couldn't believe the difference in weight.
It's the PAX tire that's heavy isn't? Is the actual wheel different than a regular wheel, too?

Anyone with weight measurements without the tires?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm sure he's refering to the wheel tire combo weight. Yes the PAX tire and inner ring is what causes all that extra weight. The actual rim itself weighs about the same. Unfortunatly, because of the odd size of the Touring's rim, you cannot get a regular tire to mount up to it.

1 - 20 of 1646 Posts
About this Discussion
1.6K Replies
367 Participants
pilch
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing