Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1601 - 1620 of 1648 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newbie here. I found a set of MDX wheels but the stock size tire are 255/55 X 18. I see everyone changing there tires to 235 or 245's. Would I be able to install these wheels with stock tires or will I have to change them? If so what is the reason they would have to be changed

·
Registered
3 Posts
My question seems to be a little different than most from what I have seen. I have read a lot of these threads, but must admit I have skipped over some. To the guys that have Depaxed your Ody... Did it improve your gas mileage any? I have 1 tire needing replaced very soon, 2 that may last 5~10,000 more and 1 that is pretty good. I do not want to spend $375 to replace 1 tire now if I plan on Depaxing..

·
Registered
5 Posts
If it's your ultimate intention is to depax, this might be a good time to do it for the following reason. When I was in your position, I sold all four wheels and tires to someone I found on Craigslist. I then bought new Michelin tires and TPMS sensors, as well as reconditioned 2006 Ody wheels. I found a spare tire also, which mounts in the left rear of the van.
My question seems to be a little different than most from what I have seen. I have read a lot of these threads, but must admit I have skipped over some. To the guys that have Depaxed your Ody... Did it improve your gas mileage any? I have 1 tire needing replaced very soon, 2 that may last 5~10,000 more and 1 that is pretty good. I do not want to spend $375 to replace 1 tire now if I plan on Depaxing..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi I also replace the PAX tiers and wheels on my Odyssey 2005 touring and everything is working great I could not take the ride it was very had and now its very smooth love it I put 18'' from a MDX Acura brand new from a Honda Dealer in New Jersey and now i love the car even more

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the MDX wheels for my 06 Odyssey Tourigm but of course the tires are too big, has anyone installed 235/45/18 tires on mdx rims, I'm scared to install them and then is going to look too small and have a big gap, I'm planning to install Goodyear LS-2 94v, any picts pls post them, thx

·
Registered
6 Posts
For my '08 Touring, I ended up going with some '05 RL rims off Craigslist (just $100!) and having Tire Rack shipping Continentals directly to NTB.

I had to buy new TPMS sensors/valve stems but I'm finally PAX free! And the wheels look great.

The van steers more easily now, but other than that the drive is pretty much the same. I do expect a much longer life span out of the tires though.

Many thanks to everyone on this board who contributed their experiences.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Happy holidays everyone! Searched the topic in general forums but couldn't find any answers. So hoping to get some feedback here.

I have a depax'ed '05 Touring with MDX tech wheels and 235/55/18 Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza 100V tires. Has anyone used snow chains in this set up? After some research, I'll probably buy the SCC Super Z6 (sz143) chains. The SCC chain application is based on tire size so it should fit my wheels/tires ok. I was just wondering if there might be other issues such as rubbing around the fender or suspension area that I need to be aware of. There's probably no issue but just want to check. Thanks.
Replying to a five year old post. Hoping someone has an answer. I've got the same wheel and tire setup as the user above. I'm looking at the same snow cables, as well as the Thule XB16 snow chains currently on Amazon. Has anyone tried either of these? How did it work? I'm heading up to Tahoe this weekend and would like to be prepared. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Depaxing Soon

Very excited to DEPAX next Wednesday. I bought some 17" Pilot five spoke replicas, aftermarket Shrader TPMS from amazon, and will be putting 235/60/17 Michelin Premier LTX tires on. Hope i'm not forgetting anything. Will post pictures when complete!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Very excited to DEPAX next Wednesday. I bought some 17" Pilot five spoke replicas, aftermarket Shrader TPMS from amazon, and will be putting 235/60/17 Michelin Premier LTX tires on. Hope i'm not forgetting anything. Will post pictures when complete!
Are they off an 09 Pilot? If so, they are the same ones that I'm not thinking about. Looking forward to the pics!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi De-PAX Gurus,

I am finally in here to be looking into saying bye bye to PAX tires. Have few simple question for one of you to answer. Would appreciate quick response.

Mine is 2007 Odyssey Touring with PAX 235-710R460A on it. I have bought

- 2015 Touring Elite Wheels from Honda - OEM they are R18, would they fit in ODY-07? Still have option to return and buy something else.
- What size of tires would be best fit to avoid rubbing on these wheels - 235/60/R18 or 235/55/R18 or 245/45/R18?
- Can I transfer TPMS and lug nut or I have to buy them new as well

I am in MI, any dealership or store recommendations. Any help would be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Did you read the first post in this thread? It answers these questions. The 235/55/18 tire shouldn't rub and will keep your speedo accurate. The only downside is it can be hard to find the load rating you had on the original tires. You may have to go with a lower load rating. The first post in the tread says he used the TPMS sensors from the pax wheels. You should always put TPMS kits on which will include new o-rings, washer, and the nut. Most tire stores carry these kits and will probably quote you those with the tires.

Just as an FYI, the 07 Touring non-pax came with 17" wheels and used 235/65/17 size tires. Lots of people have used the 18's though and with the right size tires haven't complained of rubbing.

·
Registered
201 Posts
My Ody.jpg
Going on three years with Acura TL 18" wheels. 245/55R18 BF Goodrich Radial TA tires. No rubbing at all... however, the tires are less than desirable in rain and snow. Overall, it was an excellent value and upgrade from the stock 16" oem wheels. I run these year round in New Jersey. The ride is very comfortable. I wish there were more tire options with the load rating needed. Any questions, PM me!

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
They've probably been taken down by the owner or the imageshack account was closed.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Yes, Ridgeline wheels will work. Make sure you have the proper lugnuts for them, though. I think the Ridgeline wheels take the lugnuts with a shank and washer. Some of the Ody wheels used a tapered lugnut so the lugnuts aren't always the same.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Depaxing our '05 sometime over the next week or so. Here's what I've got ordered:
2007-13 ACURA MDX 18" FACTORY OEM RIM WHEEL 71759
Schrader 28981 TPMS Sensor (confirmed to work with '05 Touring)
Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring 235 /55 R18 104V XL BSW

The last piece of the puzzle is a new set of lug nuts, if necessary. Searching the forum, it looks like miketr75 mentioned that the stock lug nuts will work for MDX Tech or Sport rims, although the washer won't contact the new rim. Does this hold true for the base MDX wheel too?

1601 - 1620 of 1648 Posts
About this Discussion
1.6K Replies
367 Participants
pilch
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing