Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 07 ex-l with Res + Nav this weekend an took on fixing the Navigation. You turn the vechicle on and the screen is blank. The backup camera does not display anything.

The Nav rom has power and a disc.
The screen opens to access the cd changer and while doing this the screen displays the warning to not set your coffee on the screen or to block the screen.

From what I can find on the internet there could be a couple culprits:
Botched Nav Upgrade
Dead Battery Anti Theft
Dead Rom Drive
Dead Head unit

Can anyone point me into the right direction on what I could try next?

--Michael

·
Administrator
14,550 Posts
Welcome to the Odyclub. For starters, I moved your post to the right forum. We have a dedicated forum for audio/video/NAV system. ;)

You are describing the classic symptoms of either a bad disk or a bad NAV DVD unit under the seat. If you want, you can search on here to reset and reload the NAV s/w from the disk that's in the system to see if that works. Usually, if the version is bad, you would get an error on the screen. Since the screen actually works when you try to change disks, the NAV screen iself is good.

Try looking up older posts on this as I distinctly remember a couple or more discussions on similar symptoms.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reset & reload

Sorry for the mix up, still figuring out the forums and 2 in the morning is definitely not my best time of day. I have found similar posts on dvd-rom issues due to dead battery but I haven't been able to find any specific reset reload instructions. I will keep searching but if you have 20 seconds to point me towards the post that would be stellar.

--Michael

·
Administrator
14,550 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Michael,
I have the exact issue with my screen. After getting high quotes from my local dealer, I bought a rebuilt cd rom drive and the only thing that changed is I get a couple more seconds of backup cam once in a while. I noticed that the cd player behind the screen isn't working and my controls for the screen don't work. Screen is always stuck on "enter pin". I wonder if replacing the cd player will make my controls work...

·
Registered
1 Posts
All,

I ran a DVD cleaning disc (wet) through the player under the driver's seat. NAV and rear camera came back instantly after.

I had noticed one of my junior engineers was performing MTBF tests on the eject mechanism, due to a large amount of snotty fingerprints on my NAV disk.

Cleaned disc, cleaned player, works great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts