Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and found this thread: Door motor issues

However, pics are no longer available, and not sure if it is my problem: side door does not unlock (i.e., does not show the red sticker) when unlocking all doors by any means (i.e., remote, front seats). If I try to manually unlock, the slide mechanism bounces back to locked mode. When auto slide mode is on, closing the door does not do anything at all, it only beeps as if something was obstructing the door.

The only way to open the door is to turn off the auto open mode, and then pull the inside door handle, while at the same sliding the locking button.

How do I figure out if it is the motor itself, or if it is the lock. I am guessing the motor can only work if the lock is properly working, and since the manual unlock/open mode does not work unless I do it as typed above, that it may be the lock...then again, it is just a guess.

Any clues? or other posts that might help?. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Aha moment....

I think this may it. I had notice the fuel door wasn't opening properly a few days ago, and the little plastic "pusher" for the gas door was kind of loose. I am guessing it is completely loose or missing now.

I am leaving the post up, just in case it helps others....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts