Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
experienced lift gate strut failure at 70k miles. After some bargaining Honda agreed to pay for 70 percent of the repair, which would have left me a bill of $88. The trunk struts through Honda are $86 each plus labor. Went home to stew about it and called Advanced Auto Parts. Bought replacement struts from them at a cost of $28 each (not including an online discount being offered). They came with a lifetime warranty. Sidenote -ordered same parts as for 06 ody - stores' computer had no info on 08. Just wanted you all to know that it took me, a mom, about 10 minutes with one screwdriver to replace them with the liftgate supported by a sturdy ladder. I will be saving my receipts in case honda ever recalls the 08 trunk struts!

·
Registered
180 Posts
The rear gate struts in my 2009 touring failed after having it for only a year and 1 month. That was changed under warranty and there's no guarantee as to how long the new one will last.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2008 Odyssey EX and at 42,700 miles both trunk struts failed. Honda dealer in Arlington TX asked us $244.21 to fix them! We'll be fixing the struts ourselves. Cannot believe their prices!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts