Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08 Odyssey LX makes a noise between 45 and 55mph. It happens when I'm pressing the accelerator speeding up or just maintaining speed in that range. When I let off the noise stops immediately and resumes as soon as I press the gas.

It's at the dealership for the 3rd time. 1st trip they couldn't duplicate it. The 2nd trip I drove it with the service advisor so he could hear it. They tried a couple of things (one of which was topping off the fluid) and thought they had it but it made the noise on the way home. Now they've had it for 2 days and still can't hear the noise because of the road noise and wind even though they've heard it before.

I would love to be able to tell them what to do b/c the wind hasn't died down in Dallas for days.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1st post here. I also hear a noise as you describe. I've only had my van for two days now, but the noise I hear seems to occur when the overdrive (or whatever the honda term may be) engages around the speed that you mention. Check your tach to see if you are in gear or in overdrive. You also might want to try driving the van in an overdrive off mode (D3?) to see if you can still hear the noise. With that info you may be able to replicate the noise consistently and give techs more info. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts