Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
08 Odyssey EX-L / 38K miles

Incident 1: Last year on a colder day (it was near freezing that day).
a) Car is started with no issues after sitting all night out in the parking lot.
b) The car is driven 5 mins to a bus stop and shut off while waiting for the bus (~5 mins).
c) Car would not start after that. Turn the key, no starter cranking noise. Just all lights light up on the dash.
d) Called dealer, they said to boost it. Boosted it and it started.
e) Immediately after boosting it, I Shut off the car and started it without a boost.

Took it to dealer and they found nothing wrong. Battery was fine after testing it. Had no more issues for 8-10 months until today:

Incident 2: Today
a) Car is started with no issues after sitting all night out in the parking lot (below freezing).
b) The car is driven 10 mins to shool and shut off while taking kid in (~5 mins).
c) Car would not start after that. Turn the key, no starter cranking noise. Just all lights light up on the dash.
d) Boosted it and it started. Taking to dealer now (but I'm willing to bet they will say everything is fine). Forgot to tell wife to try starting it in its own right after the boost.

No, the lights were not left on (they shut off by themselves ayway), no I don't have extra entertainment systems that would have been running and draining the battery, etc...

Anyne have any thoughts on this one? Don't think it is the battery as the car starts the first time after sitting in freezing temps overnight. Has something do do with a short drive then pause in colder temps. I'm stumped.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmm.. can't see the edit post button anymore - weird.

Anyway, Dealer said the battery puts out 330CCA's instead of 550. I'll buy a new battery but really doubt that this is the problem. The lower CCA's should prevent me from starting after it sat in the cold all night, not after the car is already warmed up...

·
Registered
380 Posts
back in my non-Honda days, that was also a possible sign of 2 things:

1) Alternator not charging properly (eventually had to replace ALT.)
2) Crankshaft position sensor: Failing Hot start was a good symptom. 15 minute wait would allow the car to start right up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts