Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so i have a problem maybe someone can point me to the right direction. My 08 exL got this leak around the rear mount bracket, it then seep down to the bottom of the transmission. When i clean the area, each time it would be at the same location, rear engine bracket. Its not alot, but noticable. If u look at the attachment, youll see that its only in that area i circle. Ive already crossef out the valve cover, oil pan. Nothing is coming from up half of the motor. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Is oil puddling on the ground? If not, and you're not planning to eat lunch off the bottom of the transmission, you can probably ignore it. Now if you want a car that leaks oil, buy a BMW. Been there, doing that!

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
08 EXL, oil leak on the rear driver's side is almost always the rear spool valve. It's mounted on the driver's side of the rear cylinder head. There are two gaskets. One is the one between the spool valve and the cylinder head--available from Honda. The other is between the two halves of the spool valve--not available from Honda. There are some aftermarket gaskets available out there but I tried this on a customer's car and the gasket didn't last three months.

You will likely need a new spool valve to fix it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the late respond. As it turn out, i trace the leak to the rear left bearing cap side bolt. Took it out, cleaned it and put some rtv on the washer. Seem to work, it is clean around that area. However, now i have a very lil leak on the transmission right by the rms. I can only hope its the oil pan, will reseal the pan and see what happen.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts