Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning the Ody recently and noticed some rust coming out under the driver's side door sill.
Take the time and remove the door sill, really simple just pull up and check for rust or pitting. I caught mine in time just before the warranty ran out!
Dealer repainted the area and also put a clear 3m plastic over the paint so it won't happen again.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Tommy, I just realized that you are in Montreal.
I lived in Montreal for 10 years between 1985-1995.
They used salt etc. back then, I don't know what they use now on Montreal.

I am now in Nebraska, and they use mostly sands (a bit of salt when it is very bad), thanks God.

I check my cars in the Spring and clean under the chassis with water to remove any sand/salt.
Maybe this (the usage of sans and the fact that I washed the cars every Spring) has helped keep my cars (I also have a 1998 Volvo and 1998 BMW) in good shape.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you cnn, yes the road salt that they use here is crazy. I'm from New York City and moved here a few years ago.
I have rustproofed the car but I also never garage it in the winter as doing so promotes rust....well, in this region.

I also wash the under carriage a few times a year but to see rust on a 3 year old car is not cool. I caught it in time as I had a week of warranty left. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts