Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a lot of posts about rattling doors but most seem to relate to the front door. I have an 08 with 52K miles on it. Since purchasing the car I've complained the sliders rattle at low speeds (<40mph) and at each service I've asked for them to be fixed. For three years the dealership has attempted to pacify me by saying they "adjusted the doors" or "lubed the doors." This last visit I told them I wanted the doors fixed and oiling the doors was not a solution. I as tired of coming in each time and getting the run around. The Service Tech told me he called my extended warranty plan and because nothing is broken they won't authorize a fix. My response was he should not have called the extended warranty company, that the dealership should have fixed this by now and that it's a Honda issue. I escalated it to the Service Manager (which I should have done sooner) who promptly responded to my email and call with an apology. He told me they've "ordered the parts for the fix." I'm going in Thursday for "the fix." My question is, what's the "fix" if they haven't known how to fix it for three years? Has anyone had any experience with this? I'm trying to prepare myself in the event this is another attempt to pacify me. Has anyone seen a TSB about this problem? Thanks so much for any help you might offer.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah, my sliders creak, too.

And my shocks leak, had a bad wheel bearing (all replaced on my nickel). And the B-pillar rattled (I replaced). Now the paint is peeling.

Creaking sliders are the least of my worries!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear you've had such problems SoCalSC4. I have heard from a friend that there were issues with the blue and others have had trouble with the paint peeling. The doors have really been my only issue and I actually think they fixed them. They replaced all the rubber on the door and body frame, along with all the connector pieces. I'm shocked it's gone. Why it took 3 years to get it fixed is beyond me! Good luck with your van.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts