Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,
I had a scary incident with my '08 today and am hoping you have some suggestions. I was going about 35 mph -- I had just changed lanes when all of a sudden it felt like I had just stomped on the brake. To be honest, I was in such shock that I can't remember if I pushed down on the gas (where my foot already was) to accelerate or if the van just came up to speed on its own. I'm assuming that my brake lights did not come on since I was not actively braking. It goes without saying that my nerves were extremely rattled! I am nervous to go down this road with the dealership because I see "cannot duplicate the problem" in my future. Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance!
P.S. I bought this non-Touring model in October of 2010 and it now has 41,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Interesting. In a bad sort of way. I can see how that would unnerve anyone. From my understanding of the braking system, it would fairly unlikely for the van to suddenly apply the brakes on its own. A master cylinder vacuum assist malfunction is the the only way that I could see. Is it entirely out of the question that you may have inadvertently pressed the brake pedal when you meant to press the gas? Also, wondering if it could be the transmission which suddenly "braked" (downshifted) giving the appearance of a braking issue.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hard to get use to the VCM when decelerating. Have an 06 EX-L RES that I bought in April and have had a few instances where it felt like I was depressing the brake when all i did was release the gas. It was like the was going through some serious downshifts without having to use the brake.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine doesn't do that... though I did just get a PCM update... that fixed the engine doing some really weird stuff...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts