Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Honda Odyssey EX-L in Slate Green Metallic 115k
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all,
Mom's old 2009 EX-L is now mine to take to college. At first I hated the idea of driving a minivan, but the thing really grew on me as I've put over 10k miles on it myself over the last year, almost at 107k.

My family has owned and maintained since new, but now it's my turn to ruin something perfectly good.

I was looking into bigger wheels/ tires to grab a little more ground clearance, as that's my only real gripe with the car.

Pro/cons to bigger tires? What wheel/tire combos fit on stock suspension? Shoestring budget?

I've been lurking for a while, first post.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
For budget, you could just update the looks with PlastiDip. I also blacked out the trim front and rear. Still look descent after 3 winters now, and when I replace the tires I'll respray the wheels.

For performance- like ground clearance, I'll leave it for the better experts.

·
Registered
14,592 Posts
At 107k, that van is due for a timing belt service & spark plugs. If not done yet, that will eat into a new tire/wheel/suspension upgrade.
I think if you want ground clearance you should trade it for a Pilot or MDX. The whole point of an Odyssey is that it is slammed to the ground to help with the height when handling. Keep that in mind when you fling it around. That low to the ground is working for you. Exploring off-road, not so much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts