Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The molding on the driver's side roof channel has started to come up on my 09 Odyssey, and I'm not certain which actual part I need to replace it (see attached photo). I cut the loose part to keep it from flapping in the wind. I'm probably going to go ahead and replace the passenger side as well

Looking at the attached parts diagram, do I just need parts 9&11?

How difficult of a job is this? Do I need to remove the rail in the channel, or will the weatherstripping just slide on. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
From my understanding 9-11 is the entire roof molding for a non roof rack model. 10-12 is the molding for a roof rack equipped vehicle. The two are interchangeable. But be sure to buy new clips when reinstalling.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Please note that the reply in post #2 is incorrect or a typo - the two parts are NOT interchangeable. If you have a roof rack, you have to get the segmented molding part.

Although I have not done this yet, it is my understanding that the roof rack has to be removed. You would especially want to do this if you are applying a seam sealer to the entire length of the channels to resolve the common water intrusion (A-Pillar leak) issue.

There are DIY's here on removing the roof rack. It looks pretty easy.

·
Registered
824 Posts
You could look up the part numbers on an online Honda site like Bernardi. Is your trim damaged? Usually you can lay them back down, or as post #2 suggested- get new clips.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You could look up the part numbers on an online Honda site like Bernardi. Is your trim damaged? Usually you can lay them back down, or as post #2 suggested- get new clips.
Well my trim is faded to light grey and has the black dust that rubs off. I'm thinking of removing, sealing the weld, rubbing the loose parts off the trim, then using that rubber coat spray dark black so its still flexible and water safe, and then re-install..... I didnt see where to buy the clips tho....

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Just buy new strips from Bernardi or Majestic. They’re not that expensive. Refinishing the old ones won’t do any good if the rubber has disintegrated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts