Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The suspense is killing me. Got on 5 waiting lists 11 days ago. Called each dealer at least once since then. Still looking at the end of November at the earliest. I find myself re-reading a dog-earred 2002 Odyssey brochure during idle moments in the evening. All this for a minivan...!

I hope its worth the wait!

Richard
2002 RRP EX-L coming sometime in 2001...
Kid #3 coming in May 2002

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've been doing that since August!!!!

Good luck on not going looney during your wait. I have about a week left to go or maybe a day... don't know. I'm going crazy... I've gone through 3 Odyssey brochures... my son did eat two of them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Richard -

What dealers did you go to? I'm in the Bay Area as well, and two local dealerships call me almost every other day, saying they have a shipment coming in. San Leandro (Jasmine Huong) and Dublin (Neil Atkinson). Anyways, if I dealt with either of them, I would've had my '02 EX by now, but neither would budge on their $1000 over MSRP price. If you don't mind paying, they'll sell you one sooner than later -

Dave

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dave,

I did the same thing - called around a bunch of Bay Area dealers, and was told anything from $1000 to $3000 over MSRP. Having read some of the posts here, I thought I might as well try So Cal, as it is only a $100 plane ride and 350 mile return drive away from us.
To answer your question, the nearest dealer I found at MSRP was Ocean Honda in Capitola. I'm on their list, but apparently each saleperson has a waiting list and you don't put down a deposit, so I've no idea whether they will come through. They told me today that they hadn't received any Odys in the last two weeks...
In So Cal, try the some of the following dealers:
Weseloh Honda, San Juan Capistrano
Gardena Honda, Gardena
Penske Honda, Ontario
Metro Honda, Montclair
Spreen Honda, Loma Linda
Valley hi honda, Victorville

All were willing to sell at MSRP when I talked to them, but some are much easier to fly/drive to than others, so take your pick. They all have waiting lists of at least a month for an Ody with leather, but LX and base EXs are easier to track down.

Richard

Late breaking news - Valley Hi have a Granite Green EX (no leather) that just came in - and are selling it at MSRP - may be what you're looking for.

[This message has been edited by pearsonrj (edited 11-02-2001).]

·
Registered
564 Posts
If you want to come up to Davis, they'll have an extra Taffeta White EXL-Nav pretty soon. In fact, I watched it get off-loaded from the transporter this morning, but got no call. Must be the one I ordered since I'm told I'm still the only one to have ordered that combination. But did I get a call? Nope. And that's why I'm not bothering to call and tell them I'm not taking my order.

------------------
-= Darell =-
2001 Civic EX (ULEV)- currently the BIG car.
1997 EV1 (ZEV) in process - "This is NOT your father's golf cart"

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pearsonrj:
The suspense is killing me. Got on 5 waiting lists 11 days ago. Called each dealer at least once since then. Still looking at the end of November at the earliest. I find myself re-reading a dog-earred 2002 Odyssey brochure during idle moments in the evening. All this for a minivan...!</font>
If you've really got it bad, call up Helm and order the service manual

------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EXL
'85 Prelude
'01 Ninja folding aluminum scooter
'00 New Balance Model 658 Shoes w/ Green Grass stains and '01 White Laces w/ Frayed Tips

·
Registered
6 Posts
Richard -

thanks for the SoCal info, in fact a buddy of mine flew down to Metro Honda and bought their '01 SS. He said they treated them pretty well, even picked them up from the airport. As for me, I think I'll stick up here, as I don't have a day to go down anytime soon, although I wouldn't mind a stop off at Harris Ranch for a nice juicy steak....So far the best deal I could find was $500 over at Menlo Honda for a GG EX which we might go for. Supposedly it's coming in next week.

Darrell, thanks for the info on the TW, but TW is not one of our top colors...

D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts