Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every so often, when the car is cold (not necessarily temperature cold, just not driven for a while - overnight it seems), the screen on our EX-L Navi goes wild until the car is shut off and restarted. See below. I sent this photo and a video of the screen to my service advisor, who said "we can't diagnose via email" to which I said "your tech is going to ask to see what it does, and they will know if they have seen this before or not - that is all I'm asking so that I don't have to make extra trips to get it fixed". Guess I have to suffer while the car is under warranty...

Any ideas?

ody screen problem.jpg

·
Registered
196 Posts
Maybe tsb 11-022 would apply, check with your dealer. I believe i've seen others talk about this...keep searching this forum.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting; I completely missed that TSB. Time to begin my argument with the dealer to make sure they have the part in stock before I traipse up there and hopefully will not have to make multiple trips!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not happy. Mine just did the same thing this past weekend and again this morning. It does not do it everytime the car is started. Completely random. Going to be tough for dealer to trouble-shoot.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed; my wife said that she has noticed it doing that (or just being blank) maybe once every two weeks, kinda random but always after a cold start. That's why I took a picture and a short video and emailed to service adviser.

·
Registered
10 Posts
just a heads up after 3 consecutive nights that my NAVI is still on, this morning i got the same thing what the thread starter (sastexan) posted. then i open the door and it went to black i think the battery is too low to supply the NAVI so i call my DEALER and explained what happen earlier and they decided to change the battery after changing the battery its now back to normal. im still hoping that... that is the fixésolution to the problem anyways ill try to update you guys in a week once i fully tested it

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
just a heads up after 3 consecutive nights that my NAVI is still on, this morning i got the same thing what the thread starter (sastexan) posted. then i open the door and it went to black i think the battery is too low to supply the NAVI so i call my DEALER and explained what happen earlier and they decided to change the battery after changing the battery its now back to normal. im still hoping that... that is the fixésolution to the problem anyways ill try to update you guys in a week once i fully tested it
So the info screen was frozen and stayed on overnight, then went black and the battery was the culprit? Not sure if I follow., but for the benefit of the affected members, Would it be possible to provide the dealer's work order itemized list of what was done (the dealer usually provides a detailed sheet with the work done)?

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
yes your right... my navi stayed on for 3 days and it was turned off after the battery is drained. about itemized work im affraid i dont have those as i drove and arranged this to my contact and the gen.mngr.

another thing the weather here in winnipeg earlier is about -14c with a windchill

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have not been to the dealer yet but I spoke with them yesterday. They are telling me that the NAVI system records its own code and their course of action is to reboot the system and check for codes then replace parts as necessary. Not happy to hear that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
and thats not good to hear... i believe that the battery cant give much power for the NAVI that is why they need to check it first before telling about computer and stuffs. i tried to start again earlier my van with -14c temp and it looks brand new. have you tried telling them this solution?

·
Registered
10 Posts
heads up! i purposely didnt start the engine yesterday twe whole day and night with a low temp of -15 with a windchill. and start the van this morning for a 15 minute warm up and no BATT LOW message on the board. i hope this is a good sign.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Dealer said TSB applies; however, despite my asking ahead of time, they did not have the part in stock so have to order it and I'll have to go back in 2 weeks. I am not very happy.

Interesting; the nav display is made by Alpine, according to College Hills Honda parts lookup.

[h=1]DISPLAY ASSY., NAVIGATION (RMD) (ALPINE)[/h]Sale Price: $242.97 Compared at: $261.66
You Save: $18.69

Product ID : 39810-TK8-A01RM

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Replaced yesterday; two colds starts and no issues so far. Screen doesn't seem any different (of course they should but they could have changed something in the spec / design that was causing the failure).

·
Registered
359 Posts
ours went blank just one time. I mentioned the TSB to my dealer and said that it went blank on us several times. They replaced the screen as per the TSB, no questions asked. The part came in the very next day and I left the van there overnight anyways because they gave me a free loaner car. I haven't noticed any issues since.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts