Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, wondering if someone on board have/had an appraisal on the ODY.. I was so surprised at KBB and edmunds that a very good/excellent condition 2011 ODy has a resale value of just $20-22K? :( It was really depressing and absurdly low. I have seen an used EX-L with RES thats on the market and the sticker is actually the same as a new one..

I'd come to assume that even if KBB and/or Edmunds is independent, its also geared to help dealers NOT us consumers.. Dealer even told me that sometimes those figures coming from KBB are not true or correct..

Now, its kinda hard to sell a vehicle if we don't have any clue what is the baseline of selling?

Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Leaving the Ody club? :( <cry>

The number one baseline I can see is probably Ebay Motors or Craigslist. Doesn't matter what KBB or Edmunds says, thats what people are really paying for in the market.

Also, if your Odyssey is modded with HIDS which I think is amazing, a dealer won't appreciate it - a private party will.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
^ey strike.. Yeah i do have an hid conversion but i did bought a 2nd pair of headlight assembly.. Hehe so no worries because i'll put back the halogen one.. I was so concern about the low battery warning that others were experiencing and of course to be ready if something happens before my warranty-- i dont want my dealer givingan excuse not to honor my warranty just because of hid..

Anyhoot,, i found a dealer in nearby area with the same EX trim and they were selling it for $28767..

Anybody knows how used car typically marked-up?? I mean if they have it for that price is the actual trade-in price is somewhere $26-27k????

TIA

·
Registered
16 Posts
You should go online and check what other private party are selling do not base it on dealer pricing for used ody. Dealer pricing does not make sense if they post it near retail price. Dealer mark it up so much so they can negotiate with potential buyers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Don't use the dealer price, not a good indicator. I'm pretty sure the dealer accepted trade in value is significantly less than what the prevailing Craigslist or Ebay Motors website. You always get crap from the dealer unless they fleece you on the other end of the transaction.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I use Edmunds for used and new cars. You can just type in miles and year It gave me some idea where to start at dealer trade in and private price.

I saw 11" honda ody smokey topaz with 12 thousand miles at Honda Dealership Used Lot sitting there for 2-3 months. I am surprised because smokey topaz is popular color. They want 27 k for it. I see some interior damage and could be it or price. I don't know why.

I see a lot of new ody sitting there as well at new car lot. I am not really sure about ody selling market right now.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hi guys, wondering if someone on board have/had an appraisal on the ODY.. I was so surprised at KBB and edmunds that a very good/excellent condition 2011 ODy has a resale value of just $20-22K? :( It was really depressing and absurdly low. I have seen an used EX-L with RES thats on the market and the sticker is actually the same as a new one..

I'd come to assume that even if KBB and/or Edmunds is independent, its also geared to help dealers NOT us consumers.. Dealer even told me that sometimes those figures coming from KBB are not true or correct..

Now, its kinda hard to sell a vehicle if we don't have any clue what is the baseline of selling?

Any thoughts on this?
My thoughts are to NEVER trade in a 1yr old car.. you will lose your shirt.. big depreciation hit... To each their own...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts