Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Do you think that $1150.00 is a good price for a 6.8" dvd overhead package? All is brand new not refurbished.
It includes:
Audiovox VOH682A overhead screen
MVDVD4 dvd player
AN300 antenna
Trim Ring
FMM100 fm modulator (#?)
IRHS40 pair of wireless head sets
Just want to know if this is a good deal or not? Is Audiovox quality decent? Thanks for your help.
John

·
Registered
479 Posts
The price is in the ballpark. I only question the choice of the VOH682 unit (w/4:3 aspect ratio screen) versus the VOH702 unit which is a widscreen (16:9) and much better suited to DVD's. They are both 7", but the VOH702 will present a bigger DVD image.

As to reliability, if you go here:

http://www.odyclub.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000104.html

I have updated my findings on my Audiovox system. So far, so good.

·
Registered
42 Posts
How much are are charging you for installation? I have a Flexvision LCM0701TV also by Audiovox. Not sure what the difference is. Looking at phil47's picture on his posting I cant tell any difference except the brand. Anyway, I paid $1250.00 installed and quality is above average compared other brands. I went to a local audio/video store here and they had 5 different overhead units with different sizes and ratios on display side by side and the the 7 inch screen stood out for clarity. See link below for pix for picture quality of the screen with no light enhancement.
Note: The picture quality is clearer in person.

http://members9.clubphoto.com/anna548115/guest-1.phtml

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 2002EXL:
Hi All
Do you think that $1150.00 is a good price for a 6.8" dvd overhead package? All is brand new not refurbished.
It includes:
Audiovox VOH682A overhead screen
MVDVD4 dvd player
AN300 antenna
Trim Ring
FMM100 fm modulator (#?)
IRHS40 pair of wireless head sets
Just want to know if this is a good deal or not? Is Audiovox quality decent? Thanks for your help.
John
</font>

·
Registered
479 Posts
Based on Miss Ody's photos, I have little doubt the units are identical. The installed price is also very close. If I remember correctly, the 7" 4:3 unit was slightly less expensive so your installed price should be equal to or less than Miss Ody's.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You may also want to read the threads that I've started about my Icon-TV system. It is a widescreen (16:9) 7" monitor. I (and others on this site) believe the picture quality is better than the Audiovox 6.8" and 7" models (particularly off-axis viewing). It was also less expensive.

My last thread is further down on this page and titled "Install notes for my ICON-TV 7" widescreen DVD system (long)". It also has links to earlier discussions.

·
Registered
479 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DAL:
You may also want to read the threads that I've started about my Icon-TV system. It is a widescreen (16:9) 7" monitor. I (and others on this site) believe the picture quality is better than the Audiovox 6.8" and 7" models (particularly off-axis viewing). It was also less expensive.

My last thread is further down on this page and titled "Install notes for my ICON-TV 7" widescreen DVD system (long)". It also has links to earlier discussions.
</font>
I've never seen the ICON-TV model (it wasn't available when I was shopping), but I did compare PQ directly with Alpine, Clarion, Panasonic and Farenheit models of 7" widescreens. It was as good or better than all of them, and had the best off-axis viewing angle. The 6.8" Audiovox was not even in the same league so it shouldn't be compared (it's older technology). According to the manual, the 7" widescreen Audiovox has 340,000 pixels which is excellent.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'd say that's right in the ballpark. Assumming that's the out the door, installed price.

I have the Audiovox 6.8 system with the same DVD player, basically the same system, although with the antenna you mentioned I assume you went for the TV tuner which I did not.

Mine was $1138 out the door including tax and installation. One tip. You may want to consider ordering a custom color trim ring to match your headliner. It was only about $20-25 more but it looked much nicer and was a much lower profile ring.

Love mine so far.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so far for all the info.
Does anyone know if the Honda oem monitor can be connected to a sony playstation 2?
I actually like the look of the Honda monitor and the fact that it doesn't have dome lights in it. anyone know where you can get the template for the honda mounting ?
Thanks
John

·
Registered
747 Posts
I am guessing by the Honda OEM Monitor you mean the IVES> I am pretty sure it has an aux imput where the VCR mounts.

I would get this system it it weren't for the VCR. I really would prefer a DVD.

By the way, was the 1150 an installed price? I got a quote for about $1600 installed for the 7". Seemed very high seeing as I could order the parts for just under $1000. I am not too keen on installing it myself. The 1150 seems OK for installed. BTW, best I can tell is the 7" adds about $100 to the price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts