Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating buying a 2011 Touring Elite. However, I was very disappointed that the passenger seat is only 6 way. Is there any way to replace the stock 6 way passenger seat with the 12 way driver's seat? (I realize that the controls and seat belt are left handed).

Or, is there any other way to upgrade the passenger seat to 12 way?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Wrong question - this is a custom modification that a competent shop should be able to handle.

The real question is what are you prepared to pay to have it done?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just out of curiosity--which additional 6 ways are you looking for? (I mean, front, back, up, down, lumbar...what else is there?)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clarification - will the driver's seat bolt pattern and overall size enable it to be mounted on the passenger side?

Regarding 12 ways versus six:
- Total seat Up/Down
- Slide Back/Forth
- Power recline forward/backward
- Tilt bun up/down
- Power lumbar - in/out
- Side bolsters - in/out

And there are more - some cars currently offer up to 18 adjustments - e.g. the Audi A8 and the Lexus LS600. Obviously a different type of vehicle.

My wife finds that the bun tilt adjustment vastly improves her comfort on long trips - hence my interest.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It's an interesting question. I wonder how the side airbags and corresponding sensors would complicate such an install.

·
Registered
98 Posts
cleo299 said:
Clarification - will the driver's seat bolt pattern and overall size enable it to be mounted on the passenger side?

Regarding 12 ways versus six:
- Total seat Up/Down
- Slide Back/Forth
- Power recline forward/backward
- Tilt bun up/down
- Power lumbar - in/out
- Side bolsters - in/out

And there are more - some cars currently offer up to 18 adjustments - e.g. the Audi A8 and the Lexus LS600. Obviously a different type of vehicle.

My wife finds that the bun tilt adjustment vastly improves her comfort on long trips - hence my interest.
So what are we missing now? That's only 10. The butt adjustment (I'm calling a spade a spade!), and the side bolsters for sure. Which other one? It has the up/down, back/forth, lumbar in/out...

·
Registered
506 Posts
MFLetou said:
So what are we missing now? That's only 10. The butt adjustment (I'm calling a spade a spade!), and the side bolsters for sure. Which other one? It has the up/down, back/forth, lumbar in/out...
That's 12 by my count, not 10.

- Total seat Up/Down - 2
- Slide Back/Forth - 2
- Power recline forward/backward - 2
- Tilt bun up/down - 2
- Power lumbar - in/out - 2
- Side bolsters - in/out - 2

Total 12

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The one (pair) that I am looking for on the Odyssey is the bun tilt option. This adjustment rotates the bun clockwise or counter clockwise (looking from the side). The driver's seat on the Odyssey already has this feature.

The reason this is important is that it allows the occupant to change the pressure points on their hips, behind, etc.

I forgot about the airbags - especially the occupant sensor. Based on that, the best (only) way to add this feature is to literally add it - i.e. the rotating frame, associated motor, and controls.

Installing a driver's seat on the passenger side won't work.

Thanks for the quick responses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts